Shorter Hours

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O.K. I know Management does read these posts, though they will not admit to it. So here goes. With all the layoffs looming even in this year, why don't you guys just work everyone the same amount of hours? Either everyone is considered 'essential' personnel, or they are not essential. And if they are considered non essential, they should be let go. Case in point..When bad weather is going to affect our area, most people have the luxury of just calling in and saying " I cannot get out of my house", or " the roads are too bad for me to drive, I cannot make it in." I tried to call in and was told that I was essential personnel and I had to come in because the supervisor made it into work so everyone could. That is b.s.! We didn't do anything that night because nothing was scheduled, but I still had to come in. So back to my original point. If one department who actually makes the products, has to work a day longer than the normal 8 hour shift, then ALL SUPPORT DEPARTMENTS should have to do the same thing. That includes, labs, ALL QUALITY DEPTS, cause everyone knows, they really don't do anything anyways, but if you ask them, they think they run the site. Oh, and computer support departments to. When did outsourcing our help desk qualify as a good idea? I had to wait what seemed like forever to get someone to help me resolve an issue the other night, and they still got it wrong! Nice work guys.
    Anyways, I believe that management needs to take these and other ideas under consideration this year. We are the employees, and WE do have good ideas so get your head out from under the blanket and listen. Thanks.
    oh, and I do know that management does read these, but they do not reply to them, so don't try and be funny and say, " I'm a manager and this is how I do things", or blah blah blah. Just want someone to read this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feel better? Now shut the vent--it's cold in here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess the truth hurts some people. I stand by my post. I'll only feel better when you wife leaves my house tonight.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP - I think a lot of people feel your pain. It seems some management at Pfizer take pride in not having work -life balance. They basiclly brag about working and not being home at night with their families - like they want a metal for it. So, among other things, their priorities are all out of wack. Maybe they don't get along with their families and use work as an excuse. It is nothing to take pride in - rather something to be ashamed of I would say. As for the help desk - what a waste of Pfizer's money! I have encountered similar issues. In fact, I have ended up explaining something to the person at the help desk!