Odds of a widespread layoff in Sales Force

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there will be layoffs but why is my Southern California manager filling a vacancy with a candidate who would be hired into Pfizer? Not P4? If there are going to be layoffs, there has to be a hiring freeze announced soon. Maybe this will happen Jan 3rd? A hiring freeze is the next step to watch for. (or an implied hiring freeze before the real hiring freeze) They are still feeding us BS that each region is sized differently for Lipitor LOE and there will be layoffs in every other part of the country except for the West.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK. Keep listening to what your SD and DM tell you. They know as much as you do, and they find out what's going to happen and how it's going to happen a few days before you will....obviously when Lipitor goes generic there will be layoffs in sales. OBVIOUSLY.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're going to waste everyone's time with this drivel can you at least read it before you post it and make sure it's english....adults that don't know how to spell or create a proper sentence are really funny.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF do you think I just said? Do you read or just love to hear yourself type?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"hear yourself type"....dope.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not the one you're conversing with here...
    But, you're really being kind of an asshole.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can we just get back to the topic and get over being little bitches?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of management's mantra of "we are right sized into Lipitor" do you not understand?

Management has integrity you know. It's part of the Pfizer Values.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously didn't get your job as a result of your math skills. Lipitor does about $12B per year worldwide. Pfe revenue (pre-Wyeth) was about $50B last year. That would be 25%. Anyone in the entire company who does not know these very basic but important numbers is a moron.
    Secondly, layoffs announced recently should not be a surpise if you read the WSJ. When Kindler announced combined job cuts of 15% After the Wyeth acquisition pharma analysts concluded that we would need to be at 20% layoffs to realize the efficiencies and savings necessary to make the deal proftable. So anyone surpised by these recent announcements needs to read the newspaper.
    CGC went through recently what the sales force went trough 2 years ago. Not all downsizing happens at the same time.
    As for products to sell, don't want to jinx it but BMS has already had
    Conf calls regarding the apixaban launch with us. Their
    Leadership is more forthcoming with info than ours. Also, PFE has $22B cash on our balance sheet. You think we might be lookig for promising companies or
    Compounds to buy? We basically have our own in house VC firm
    These days.
    Lastly, you never know what may happen. Latest from my DM are
    Runoff that we may promote Lipitor ( certainty downsize from now as far as targets etc) even after LOE until Q2 2012 potentially.
    So to you sky-is-falling types out there man up, shut up, go read a paper for real news, and go do your job.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You tap your keyboard, dumbass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI, you must have forgotten to read that the 22B in cash Pfizer had was used to buy Wyeth in the 68B price that was paid. They borrowed the rest. So my math tells me Pfizer is cash poor.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, there will be widespread salesforce layoffs in 2011 (or Jan 2012 latest).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Lipitor hits LOE, what is going to happen to the product mix that side A carries?