Pfizer Board is coming under fire; shake-up may take place soon from institutions

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer’s board is facing criticism following the abrupt departure last weekend of Jeffrey Kindler, chief executive of the US pharmaceuticals group.

The appointment of Ian Read to replace Mr Kindler, without external candidates being considered, has renewed concern among some analysts over the longer-term performance of the company and its board.

Some critics argue a strong external chairman with industry experience should be appointed as part of a broader restructuring of the board. They say the board was comprised of directors who are older, longer-standing and with little operational knowledge of the sector compared with their peers.

Martin Shkreli, head of MSMB Capital Management, a hedge fund with a small holding in Pfizer, has written to several large investors this week arguing the case for an outsider “to energise and change the culture of irresponsibility that permeates Pfizer”.

“Pfizer’s board of directors has been largely composed of the same value destroyers for more than a decade,” he said.

Tim Anderson, an analyst with Sanford Bernstein, said: “When does the board take accountability? It’s been in place for many years and is partly responsible.”

Pfizer declined to comment.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess, in a form of poetic justice, Kindler called his Jamie Dimon/Wall Street Harvard Club/Federal Reserve Board member banking friends to exact revenge. I love it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That Brit Pfucked with the wrong Jew. Wecome to America Ian.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time to get rid of him.

http://ihatestevensinger.com/

Mr. Stephen W. Sanger serves as Director of Pfizer Inc. since February 1, 2009. He served as the Chairman of General Mills, Inc., a packaged food producer and distributor, from 1995 until his retirement in 2008 and its Chief Executive Officer from 1995 to 2007. Director of General Mills, Inc. from 1992 until 2008. Currently Director of Target Corporation and Wells Fargo & Company. He is the Member of the Audit Committee and the Corporate Governance Committee.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That coerporate compliance committee was somthing Authorizing an interneal investigation, then saying they found nothing but paying a 2.3 billion settlement. No wonder the Derivative settlement is requirering that committee to be shaken up, the compliance committee is useless

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfuck, INcomING!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course Pfizer declined to comment. That's the way the company operates. Kindler is a fascist and lousy CEO. He will take his $128 Million dollar severance and live the rest of his life drinking, screwing people, except his ugly wife, and doing whatever he wants. He steps down due to 'stress-related' issue? WTF! Everyone has stress who works for a living, I want to step down in my position as a manager due to stress but I cannot. I have a family and kids to think of. Well Jeff, I wish you would have done this way before Pfuckzer bought out Wyeth. It was a lousy purchase to start with and those employees sucked. I hope Ian just closes every existing Wyeth plant that remains and ships everything to Ireland. Give the Wyeth people the break they need. Free them from the Pfizer ways.....they cannot handle it anyways.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is good. It will keep the BOD occupied with something else than creating severance packages.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You @sshole$ are so full of yourselves. Yes, most of us Wyeth people don't fit in with the sick culture of Pfizer. Most of us hate it and that was reflected in that BS "engagement" survey. I'm catching $hit from my manager left and right, even though my sales are among the best in the district. He's so friggin insecure, all he wants are "yes" robots who do exactly what he tells them to do. I hate working for this company, but I will hold out for a severance pkg. In the meantime, I will sew discontent among your followers and I will undermine you at every opportunity. If you want to get rid of us, give us an opportunity to bow out voluntarily. You will get rid of all the malcontents at once and you will never hear from us again.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want the severance package all you need to do is ask your manager for it. Legally, they cannot say no, they have to give it to you. However, since it is a voluntary one, you will get a lesser package than if you got elected to receive one. Let your sales slip down to what your potential really is and boom, you will get your package and be able to get your unemployment and live on Welfare...which is what you want because you are so afraid to put in a day's work. Your what's wrong with this country today. You want free money that you don't deserve. Way to set an example..you stupid fuck

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a dickface Pfizertard.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So thats why my Wyeth counterparts don't work.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your so stupid. This is exactly the problem at Pfizer. People who don't know what the Pf__ck they are talking about. Its pervasive on these threads. What idiot would even begin to think someone could ask for a severance and a company obligated to give it. Are you nuts?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, considering that I asked for a severance package and got it, may have something to do with what I wrote. During my exit interview, HR was the one that informed me that since I requested the package during the layoff period, then the company was legally bound to give it to me. So instead of spurting off stupidness like you just did, you dick, do some research and make sure you know what you are talking about before you try to sound intelligent.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahahaha. So you let HR sell you on a load of crap and you signed off on it thereby taking money straight out of your own pocket? Nice work, r*****.

Here's what actually happened....you were displaced. You were going to get the full package like everyone else who was displaced, but since you ran your stupid mouth your manager and HR were able to let you go AND save some money. Well done.

As for the reality.....no. You CANNOT ask for a severance and receive it. This couldn't be more clear in the termination/layoff paperwork. Can you imagine what kind of train wreck this would create if reps were allowed to line up and collect a check if they wanted it on their way out the door. It would take weeks to write down all the legal and financial problems with this....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, HR did not sell me on a load of crap you idiot. It was MY Choice to leave the company, not theirs. I had some other plans in the wings and I decided it was best, not HR.
    I was not displaced, I trained my replacement prior to me leaving, and she is working out great. Now, for the facts, and I do say facts. Yes, you CAN ask for a package and receive it. This state does clarify that FACT under the WARN LETTERS we receive. It is what is known as a voluntary separation of employment. Under special circumstances, ANY employee can receive a package if the timing is appropriate, a replacement is willing to take over duties, and the company agrees with the request/replacement. I was not a rep for the company, I actually worked for a living. I did release a total of eight reps during the layoff period, as I had to do so, some were very difficult to do, others...not so much. I suggest you double check your paperwork and company policies before you spout off at the mouth, on a subject you know nothing about. Yes, I did have to leave a $110K year job, but as I said, it was MY CHOICE, not Pfizer's. I really hope you never manage people, because you my friend are the very definition of an idiot! who knows nothing of what they speak.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, either you are just making shit up to entertain yourself or you really have no idea what happened to you....either way explaining it is a waste of my or anyone else's time.

The biggest problem with your rhetoric is that unfortunately some people will believe you and think it's up to them whether or not they want to leave Pfizer with a package....sad.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just curious- how many years did you have with pfizer?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was with Pfizer for about 16 years. I worked in numerous departments, in various states. When a promotion opportunity arose, I took it, and did not regret it one bit. Things change. I never like the idea of us buying the Wyeth plant, as I personally thought it was a bad idea. A bad idea to purchase them, but the Wyeth folks are great workers...very dedicated and been in the game for many many years.