My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soon enough we'll all be gone.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. It's cold and rainy out. I will call a few customers from home and lounge around the house.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep believing that and while your at it please take your meds nutcase.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insightful and on point. You called it. Haters gonna hate.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" 15" 'ear revealed. Look it's obvious. These people came on in the expansions when Merck had Vasotec, Prinivil, Zocor, Cozaar, Fosamax, Singulair, Vioxx...

They ran around, dropped samples, did RFM's, and a couple of programs at 5 star restaurants and thought it was selling. They hid out in " super clusters" their ineptness masked by "share of voice" rep. waves of salespeople.

Merck blockbusters were in high demand so they mistook sample dropping and signature collecting as sales activity. Truth be told these people were always working part time at Merck,playing golf on its time, getting their 8 signatures as fast as they could so they could go home, to the gym or golfing or whatever. It's not a new phenomenon they were always working " 15x15".

Then it got a little more competitive. Aces went off patent. Lipitor, Evista, Benicar, Diovan came out. They lost their market place exclusivity. These were the people who moaned and whined at meetings about, managed care, marketing, competitors tactics, too many reps, not enough reps, too many programs, not enough budget or whatever else they could think of to make excuses for their own lack of sales skills.

All the blockbusters went away. The easy ride was over. Sample dropping, playing grab ass with docs and feeding them lobster and the company line wasn't going to work anymore. Layoffs came. It became much more difficult to hide in your cluster pod or district. Merck ran off, laid off or retired those that really could sell. 80-20 rule. They had the justifiable high salaries. They were legitimate VP award winners, executives and senior executives. They pulled the weight but the bean counters went after them first because they had high salaries. Merck is arrogant. " Our products are so great any one can sell them." So now the sales force is the 20%ers. It's covered by the lower salaried salespeople and CSO's. Merck can pay less for sales because there is less to sell. Why pay for thoroughbreds to pull the cart when the cart is now a broken down wagon and can limp along being pulled by nags.

The 20% low performers didn't like that. They liked sample dropping part time and playing golf. They didn't have the skills or ambition to move to a better gig so they stayed, blamed Merck and declared that they would work " 15x15" ( in other words what they did all along) . They knew that elsewhere outside the bubble they might be ask to put in a full day and that was unacceptable too. Easier to keep doing what you're already doing, rationalize it by labeling it and keep blaming some one else.
    Happy 15 ing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't argue with the truth.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must not work that much to type this much crap on a work day afternoon. Who cares. People are fed up with Merck and are giving the bare minimum. Enough said.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because you're talking to yourself, agreeing with your own posts. There's meds for that.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your schtick is so old. It's like it's all you have. You run the same line over and over and over again. It's like all you have. Maybe you should get ON some meds.

The 15 thread: sandbox for morons.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you have is this thread because you are an unstable social misfit.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God you're a bottom feeder. Let me guess- career Merckie, promoted far beyond your abilities and small mind. GED's are waiting in line for your job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't guess. Just stick to living vicariously through Merck reps loser. Man your life is empty and sad. Glad I'm not you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So by inference you are saying life is good at Merck, you love it and all the complaints are mis-guided? You must be the profile of what poster in 1165 above said. I don't hate Merck- that's futile. I hate the posers like you that "work" there. The sooner you are all purged the better.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I am staying for a while so happy to disappoint you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must think " a while" is years when the reality is, it can be measured in months.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can say that I absolutely hate Merck. Of course, their behavior is what led me to my 15x15 lifestyle and a fantastic side business. Maybe I love Merck after all.

FU Merck.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Years can be measured in months too so what's your point? Do you even have a job or does your life revolve around cafepharma? Don't worry about those of us who may not be around much longer we will squeeze everything out of this company while we are here. You are just jealous and lonely. Get some help.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your point being that you are just a piece lint, circling the drain and going down with your company. Now THATS sad. But there are always those whose snouts are in the company trough so long that they would rather grub gruel than look for bread. Good luck with your business plan. Doesn't look very good on paper but I'm sure you actually spent a lot of time on it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worry about your own business plan. You are not the Merck police. You are just a loser who cannot mind his own business and live a normal life.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These dregs are what they are nothing more nothing less. The bottom of the barrel with all the rotted apples.