$100 million class action suit

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like someone who supports this lawsuit offer a retort to the above statement. I would like to see a thoughtful debate from the other side of this issue. All I've seen up to this point is man-bashing.

Somehow I doubt I will see a meaningful discussion.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, if you look at the Sanford Heisler website and follow what happened in their Gender Discrimination win in the case vs. Novartis, it started with several claimants, grew, and a few years later the case was settled with Novartis for over $150 million. No one individual received more than a few hundred thousand dollars. The testifying witnesses, named in the settlement, received $200,000 to $400,000 each. Then $60 to $100 million from that settlement was set aside for backpay or compensation for the class of over 5,000 female employees present and past. Also $38 million went to attorneys fees (nearly 7 years of legal fees add up), and $22 million went to Novartis needing to change their internal processes to elminate any discrimination in the future. There is gender discrimination in the industry and was settled with Novartis, and now is in process with Daiichi Sankyo, and has been filed against Merck. Whether one agrees or not it's a reality, Sanford Heisler may have a formula for success in changing the process, and it should be an interesting next few years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and while there were 6 initial plaintiffs, it sounds like there have been an additional 12 plaintiffs as of June 2013. This is according to the document from June where Daiichi was denied having the lawsuit venue moved to NJ. (type "Document 42 Wellens et al v. Daiichi Sankyo" into your favorite search engine to find the document. Page 6, row 20.)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i just can't understand this. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

You interview with a company for a position

they tell you what the job entails

you tell them what your skills and experience has been

the company and candidate listen to each other and consider their options

the company makes you a salry offer of what they want to pay you to do the job

you have a choice to make, is this amount enough for me to take the job or not?

You take the job for the mutally agreed salary

DONE

How can you then decide years later that it's not enough? Why did you not ask for more when hired? What does it matter what they offer to anyone else in any other situation?

am I missing something here?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can will all the money for all I care, they will never have my respect. They will also lern that money does not buy happiness and that void in their soul is their own heart

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I attended one of your programs the other night and a female sales rep was making numerous sexual innuendos during dinner ("I don't know if I can fit all of this in my mouth", "I love having a mouthful of cream and swallowing it all in one gulp" shit like that.
    And you know what? She had the whole room of guys eating out of the palm of her hand. I would only assume that this IS NOT company policy to produce these one-liners, but it got the room's attention and probably will get her access to these offices.
    BECAUSE THIS IS SALES!!! YOU AREN'T DOCTORS! YOU AREN'T SCIENTISTS! Hell your degree is probably not even medically related. You do what you need to do to sell your product. And if you break a nail, or you realize that you are of ZERO value to us other than eye candy, then you sue?
    I knew this was a California lawsuit before I even explored it. Bunch of entitled little shits out there. I not only hope your lawsuit fizzles, I hope you are all exposed and arrested for libel.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Doctor! Right you are. We do not know anything beyond the Kool-aid we drink and the training modules we read. So, what you are telling us is that we are not the saviors to mankind that my DM calls me and that Benicar & Welchol will not revolutionize medicine without any outcomes data whatsoever? Am I a complete fraud, or is it just this industry in general? You have inspired me to go invest in some breast implants so I can go to Gold Cup in Hawaii next year.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. There are so many women that have left this company due to lack of advancement. DSI HR knows who some of those women are... especially if they read their exit survey. I personally shook the hands of all males when I won the coveted gold cup. There was not one female on that stage. Is it really because there is not enough talent at DSI? I beg to differ and moved on down the road. My story alone could win this suit; however, I chose to move on to greener pastures with people that appreciate me. DSI is not a bad company. They put the wrong people in place, who ultimately made bad decisions, and that is why this law suit will be settled out of court. I'm sure it will because they do not want me to tell my story.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole law suit is a shame. Lawyers fuel the greed in people that cause this type of thing. Too bad because 90% of the managers in the suit are really good and 95% of the reps in the case are dicey at best. I'll bet they are digging in for a big payout and don't have much else to look forward to. In the end they both will lose. It is also too bad that it reflects on the majority of good reps that are not involved. The public will view us as whiners, spoiled, lavish, lazy, etc.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should have went for a whistle blower lawsuit instead of a bogus discrimination suit. The J&J folks are getting eight-figure settlements!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Won the coveted gold cup? Is that a sales reward? Isn't that based on sales numbers? Last I checked, sales numbers do not care if you are a man or woman, just if you can sell. Please explain.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? If you really won Gold Cup, you would not be whining about fairness. We have some bad people in charge at DSI at all levels, but non of them are discriminatory towards women, moms, etc. It's just regular office politics that occurs everywhere. Lawyers have planted this seed and opportunists are trying to gain financially. It is a sad joke.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TO the above poster you are dead wrong. I was never part of this lame ass lawsuit but female discrimination happens all the time. I had my RD ride with me once and I heard him say on his cell phone to one of his DMs "We are starting to have to many females on our team, we need more males." It was ignorant as hell but in no way did I feel like calling HR for something that little. But truth be told comments are made all the time and in front of females. People need to be careful. And if men feel like female bashing at least do it when we are out of earshot or not in the same car. Its just annoying

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone needs to look into the "restructure" thread. There is some supposed "higher up" going on and on about how confident and great they are and that reps are beneath dogs. Seems like a legal nightmare

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how nobody who is pro-lawsuit would have a logical counterpoint to the above statement? I would love for one of the discrimination "victims" to offer their side?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

crickets...crickets

my point exactly!

Frauds!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why so silent? I guess it's be revealed that there's nothing to see here ladies. Now go make dinner!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor dear one nutted boys. When you can afford breast implants and get your way with Physicians, then you can join us in the lawsuit. We earned these monies and they will pay.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hee hee hee,
    I knew the dinner comment would bring one of them out
    So predictable

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No response ladies? I'm not surprised. The truth will set you free!