COMPANY CARS

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, May 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Buy a car with cash". Right, people are doing so well at KCI they have 20k+ to buy a car in cash so they can drive 2,000-3,000 miles per month for your company. The cars need to be newer to meet the plan requirements. The people I know are driving Kias, Hyndais and Fords, hardly luxury cars.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just filled up my 4th tank of gas this week. I love spotting KCI hundreds in gas money every month.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't have to be newer. Mine is a 2006, just means a small adjustment on your taxes. Look into it. Buy a 8 year old honda for $6000.

Be smart!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the qualification for the program was the car had to 2009 or newer?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is due to the tax structure that makes up your fixed costs. You can have whatever year you want you just might get less back in taxes because your depreciation is less.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't this costing KCI more money? After all, paying mileage can actually cost the company more than leasing company cars.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Previous KCI rep here. I was hired back in 2008 when KCI reimbursed up to $1,200 a month for mileage reimbursement & I bought a 2007 Toyota Corolla, that got 35 miles a gallon & I pocketed the MAJORITY of my $1,200 mileage reimbursement. Within a year of getting hired, KCI decided to start using Company Cars. Most of the reps were going bananas about their personal car payment but it wasn't an issue for me because I didn't have a ridiculous personal car payment. I was SMART & purchased my used Toyota Corolla that got 35 miles a gallon, for the purpose of covering a large territory & putting a lot of miles on the car.

The bottom line is, if you run your territory like a business...you'd also make "business minded" choices for a "work" vehicle.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great info and thanks for telling us how smart you were back in the day. Now if you could just help us find our time machine maybe your post would be relevant.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for that great 10 year old advice. I'm sure people would feel safe in 10 year old compact cars when they're broken down on the road, can't navigate snowy roads, and get squashed by a semi on the highway.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too the idiots, who posted the previous 2 comments....I was hired in 2008 & purchased a used 2007 Toyota Corolla; a 1 year difference. My car wasn't 10 years old. Your inability to read & comprehend, is the same lack of mental capacity that got you in a financial bind with your car note.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First idiot here. I never said that I was in any kind of financial hardship . I am not. I was just pointing out that however brilliant you were 5 or 6 years ago does not help this situation. Now I don't profess to be as smart as you tell us you are, but I am smart enough to stop living in the past.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An apparently unrelated but SMARTER idiot here commenting on this quote and others like it ... The fact that you find no value in SOLID, SMART, advice explains why this country is $17 trillion in the hole. The post responding to your comment is VERY relevant to anyone who cares to seek viable solutions and flexibility in the face of a unpredictable sales environment. If you don't NEED the advice fine - then go your own road, but most of us still read and learn from books and YES the historical solutions of others.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are all idiots seeing how you keep going back and forth on the subject of company cars when there is no plans for them in the near future. What a waste of time. I do find it sad when someone gets on here and responds to his own post pretending to be some other person as this poster obviously did. Next time don't use all caps in your words because it is a dead give away. One thing the first idiot wrote that I agree with is that you seem hellbent on convincing us or yourself that your smarter than anyone. Did your mama not praise you enough as a child? Loser!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex employee just checking after 6 mos or so. I thought this CP thing was embarrassing years ago! It just gets worse and worse but it's popularity among viewers remains way high! This disease has gone on far too long, time for someone to come up with a cure ! Good luck you guys, KCI always had pretty decent fundamentals, find somebody to dust them off and maybe you still have a chance. IDK, maybe it's already too late
    Damn shame

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a company car. Just ask for it. Read your employment agreement. You have that option

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many do not realize they have the option, i did not then when I was told got a pretty sweet ride for nothing. If your job requires you to job, your employer has to get you a car

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU ARE RIGHT! I asked and am having a few brochures sent to me now on my options

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know two people that got them and one that asked ad was denied. The all had different managers. I put in my request and will post the results

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So all us reps who are in the field (hundreds of us) can have a car if I ask? Mr manager i had to buy a car to do my job last year but now i hear we actually can get a company car. Um can you get me one? Why doesn't this sound right?

This company could fuck up a wet dream.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're a year in to this car allowance thing. Anyone else feel like they're getting hosed with the payment, insurance, maintenance, and crazy mileage?