MRL is dead

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess no one likes parmee and shiply because they promoted outsourcing and 5s.

5s is kinda silly. But i think many people took it out of context and made it more stringent than it had to be.

My opinion is that there is nothing wrong with the majority of our directors.

They were making the best of things with the worse executive leadership team on the planet.

The entire merck research org was dragged into the mud over the last several years by peter. Its going to take a decade to recover. And its going to take more re-orging.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ROFL LOL LMFAO LOL!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Impressive. More of the same. Some managers are good. Many need guidance since no one here speaks mind

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Where are the scientists I upper or middle management? Where are the people with drug discover success stories? Sad, very sad and depressing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waiting for the axe to fall........ Cheerleaders not forgotten

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick tock. 3rd tier now. What was once a collaborative, motivated, well build infrastructure is now destroyed. Time to remove the problems, stabilize the troops and motivate and innovate until we reach the top.

Roger step up and make the calls. The bullpen better be warming up, we need a few good closers to get us out of the inning. Can't you see we want the company to succeed?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just goes to show you that MRL is just plum out of ideas when it comes to using existing resources and scientists to advance the pipeline. The numerous posts on CP exclaiming the virtues of the RNAi effort at Merck in the past and yet nothing actually came of this technology purchase play. Buying Sirna for $1.1B in 2006 and then selling it all again for $175 million in cash and stock in 2014. Only five months following the sale of assets to Alnylam and they figure out at least one way to put these resources to work.

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/permalinks/entry.php/ALNY;MRKid2009498/ALNY;MRK-Alnylam-names-new-program-ALNHBV-to-its-pipeline

"Alnylam names new program ALN-HBV to its pipeline
    Alnylam (ALNY) announced that it has named a new program to its pipeline, ALN-HBV for the treatment of hepatitis B virus infection. The new ALN-HBV program derives from the company’s January 2014 acquisition of Merck’s (MRK) RNAi assets, including their Sirna Therapeutics subsidiary. In the most comprehensive proof-of-concept pre-clinical study results presented to date with an RNAi therapeutic for the treatment of HBV, Alnylam reported significant, multi-log reductions in HBV surface antigen and HBV viral titers, and showed evidence for an immune-mediated therapeutic effect in chronically infected chimpanzees. Alnylam plans to advance an ESC-GalNAc-siRNA conjugate targeting the HBV genome for its ALN-HBV program. An ESC-GalNAc-siRNA conjugate will enable subcutaneous dose administration with improved potency and durability, and a wide therapeutic index. The company expects to select a Development Candidate in late FY14 and plans to file an IND or IND equivalent around year end FY15".

Where is the MRL talent that is going to turn this company around or assess the potential success of any late program purchase needed to rebuild the pipeline? Will RP's plan to rebuild this company on the back of PD-1 actually have the legs?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there anybody left that can deliver the Perlmutter vision? Is there any vision beyond PD-1? Can a successful PD-1 supplant all that has been lost? Enquiring minds want to know.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would type out NO three times but that would be redundant.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes in agreement. Note mgt does not interact or ask about the situation. Even a comment section would be helpful

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Requiem for a dream.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just saw they have postings for postdocs at MRL. I'm about to graduate next summer and was thinking about applying. This thread makes me think that might not be a smart move...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a smart person....

In addition, RMP hates Post doc programs...

Go to a high quality academic institution...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can be a good place to get your feet wet in the industry. Just don't plan on making a career out of it. You will soon be Mercked and then you will lose your drive and become part of the furniture.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A "Post Doc" ????
    Do you know what a traditional Post-Doc relationship is !!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????
    You have a Ph.D. in something???
    Who the FUCK will you study with...what the FUCK will they teach you?????
    Get real.....
    Get a "job" or get a "post-doc" at a real learning and research institution.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRL feels like a rotting corpse. Has anyone walked through WP lately? WTF happened to this once great R&D machine. Very little research anymore. most of the scientists are managing outside research projects. This company is consistently 10 years behind every other pharma out there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curb the filthy language! It shows to the world what a one dementional research nerd you are, zip it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RY feels the same way. Empty parking lots, empty cafeteria, buildings closed and scheduled for demolition. Pity the poor souls moving here from Summit and WHS.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. No one speaks up unless you want to become a target. Rap still can't gut theVP level. Next is ex dir level. Send em back!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking for cheap, but intelligent, labor. And will probaby try to milk you for your fellow classmate's projects, regardless who funded them. I agree...stay in academia. Merck is a scourge.