Any offers yet?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in St. Louis

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The offers have all been extended.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am on the East Coast.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just received a call from the hiring manager and accepted. I was holding out for more salary and vacation time and they actually offered me more than I asked. Great company.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard anything yet. I don't know how many people I was up against. I have a good job and reluctant to leave it for Merck - Merck is a baby oncology company with a beastly new product. I worry they won't be able to ramp up enough to compete against Roche and BMS in this space.

But I would take the job if offered. Being first has its advantages but data is king in oncology. We'll see.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't leave without everything in writing and with an offer much higher then you currently receiving. Also, it isn't a baby oncology company it is an embryo!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Signed sealed and delivered. The offer was the best I could ever imagine. Can't wait to start!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I signed my papers on Friday. Thirty three thousand salary increase, a four week vacation, open ended bonus and five thousand stock options.
    Will be starting home training Tuesday.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is nice to see that the stock options are on the table. I was able to negotiate eight thousand.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total B S on the stock options, plus no one starts til Feb.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told that the individuals that have signed will be given leading positions within the oncology group. Those that sign later will be given support positions. I have received a very nice stock offering.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed for oncology job over a week ago..have heard nothing..wondering if the layoffs are affecting offers for those outside the company??? strange..I have a lot of oncology experience and heard not a word...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you haven't heard,you probably werethe 2nd choice. They are waiting til the 1st choice to either sign or decline.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't want to burst the bubble but all positions have been filled. Move on.