Tom Lyon

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His thread disappeared sometime today, after 689+ comments, 82,904 views, and 14 pages. To bad the actual person has nothing productive to show besides things like this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 83,000 views are more doses of some of the vaccines he is trying to sell!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter if the original thread got pulled. Those who have the misfortune of dealing with this self absorbed and arrogant micromanager will continue to remind the cafepharma audience TL's mismanagement of his region.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He isn't selling anything. He is trying to do everything he can to keep his job. All of the meetings and busy work he drowns his region in is all to show his boss he is worth keeping - which he totally isn't.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The more busy work he comes up with, the less face-time with customers. Not a very bright idea, just like every other one of his not so bright ideas.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...which is why his region under performs year after year. Go figure.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is TL still managing the western/south-western region based out of Las Vegas area? Just trying to figure out if it is the same egotistical guy I had the opportunity to interview with.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He smothers the North Central region with corny corporate buzzwords/phrases, meetings to hear himself talk in circles about building culture and how we need to grow the business - even though he keeps scheduling weekly meetings and teleconferences.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

botTOM TOM had passed 1,000. Will he hit the almost 83,000 he had before?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Daddy-dear aside, the guy is a joke, no one takes him seriously ( I love watching people's reactions to/of him behind his back), and yet he has an invisible suit of armor. If I finished last I would worry. If I finished last twice in a row, I would be a basket case. Somehow this qualifies him for tenure. Go figure.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And yet, like that battery bunny, he's still going bahahahahahahahahahahaha

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope for independence on July 4th!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, if he doesn't change his ways.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leopards don't change spots and ignorant directors don't change their blindfolded ways.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not even if it laser focused?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On if it is level set

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom Lyon still employed at Merck is proof that ass kissing is more important for job security than being an effective leader.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo! He is all about self preservation rather than his region folks succeeding. Therefore, it's not to surprising why his region finishes towards the bottom most of the time. Merck leadership seems to be fine with that which is pretty pathetic but the company itself has become pretty pathetic ever since the VIOXX debacle.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so stressed out right now. I have a field visit coming up with Tom and i am trying to beg customers to let me bring in my DCO for some prepped milk runs. Customers are already sick of my CTL interrogating them and Tom just makes matters worse. He really thinks he is in tune with customers when he goes on field visits, what a joke.