IMPROVE-IT

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One week until the end of an easy $4B a year in revenue

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the word on the study? Anyone heard the scoop?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes vytorin has a statistically significant effect on improving earnings as compared to placebo

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty funny line actually

I wouldn't be so quick about your assessment of the study. I've heard that there was incremental benefit, and it was safe. We'll have to wait and see. We might be ok. Maybe I should say I hope we're ok

Ya yah

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line. What is happening with the cardio jobs? New sales force, changes, expansions? People want to know.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All positions are going part time contract. No fulltime positions.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it takes 18000 patients and over 5000 events to find a difference after 5+ years, then whatever positive effect there may is vanishingly small.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

indeed

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If results are not overwhelmingly good, managed care plans won't keep it on formulary.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good op for the mommy group.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insights it is the Merck junior varsity team that is now managing the cholesterol franchise. The lights are going to be shut next week.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course the study will show what Merck wants it to…After all, this is the company that brought you VIOXX, FOSOMAX, and GARDASIL…very trustworthy data I am sure!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are reading it correctly! Great news at last.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You lower LDL you improve outcomes. There is no magic fairy dust effect of statins. Its all LDL lowering and minor effects on HDL.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't get so excited, Skippy. The study is a failure…at best.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The results won't show a statistically significant difference either way. If they did, they would have been disclosed by now. My guess is that there is a very small numerical advantage for drug but not close to statistically significant. There may be a subgroup of the population which shows greater benefit. The relevance of this would be hotly debated.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outcomes baby... Tunnel vision with LDL lowering..