SURPRISE VYTORIN WORKS

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, almost as well as Crestor all by itself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Far fewer side effects and much better tolerated than Crestor with similar potency.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess they squelched the study that showed Vytorin increases cancer- I guess even Merck can buy a study and bury the truth.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No different than you being able to squelch that you are a complete idiot

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A 6.4 improvement is within an error margin. Get real.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just keep telling yourself that….

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A 6.4% reduction in CVE to happen by chance is 1 in a 1000. No way is this a " margin of error" result. In fact, the 6.4% reduction makes this a landmark trial.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my, yes. Groundbreaking even. This should change everything. Doctors will never think about this shitty placebo drug the same way again.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Possibly statistically significant but possibly clinically irrelevant. If LDL reduction is not related to the mechanism (which it probably isn't) then many of the new drugs at least pull the lows. If it was me I would be going rosuvastatin + eze to make the max low. A world renowned cardiologist once said he wanted to take LDL back to the cave man - pretty hard with a modern diet. In any case I think the answer is lower is better - simva is in the dust but the different mechanism of eze probably has some merit in combo.

At least it was not conclusively negative. What was the Steve Nissen comment?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That wasn't CIMT dildo that was outcomes...where's your science...less than a 1% difference in events with Vioxx had all you queers yelling and screaming! Selective memory...Diovan & Novartis, Lipitor & Pfizer, Nexium and AZ, everything & Forrest, Actos & Takeda...all these major study failures and you're crying about a 6.4% improvement in CV events, make sure you don't take Vytorin...we need 6.4% more of assholes like you DEAD!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dazzle'em with statistics on your next call!! Say something about P value! say LANDMARK ...show that big graph...bash the competition with this ammo...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The drug is knocking on generic's door. None of this matters. At least we won't get sued to hell and back with the outcome we got.

Now can we please get a real drug to sell? Something that doesn't completely suck? Something that we aren't embarrassed by? Please?