TREASURY TAKES ACTION ON INVERSION

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call it what it is: the Pfizer rule.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As in the movie Despicable Me, "knocked over" can be used to describe us. As the little tether of hope for an inversion with AZ or whoever has finally been laid to permanent rest. Oh well, that's all folks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This inversion quest really got attention a few months ago when Medtronic grabbed Covidien (Ireland) and made no secrets about what they would gain (tax breaks!) in doing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To quote from NY heiress Leona Helmsley: "Only little people pay taxes"........

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lew, who said in July that Treasury lacked authority to stem inversions, reversed himself in August.

So just like the rest of the executive actions, this one will be knocked down as unconstitutional.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is gettin' hungry! We gotta buy buy buy someone quick! Maybe the Actavis thing will play out. Who needs AZ anyway...their noses will always be turned up.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Noses turned up.....really. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Pfizer reps thought they were hot sh*t for years. Oh how the mighty have fallen. We are a shell of what we used to be. Shoddy research/having to buy every product-company to survive. Disaster for an ELT. Magazine article painted us as a joke a few years back (remember that one). Multiple layoffs in the last 7 years. Recent failed acquisition attempt. Stock price in the toilet compared to what the market has done in the last 4 years. Need I go on?? You talking smack about AZ......please!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Constitutionality of the Treasury's action will be challenged eventually.
    For now, does this change likelihood or likely companies that Pfizer could invert with?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The deal with actavis may still happen. Tax inversion changes or not.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sally Sussman must be losing her political punch. Time to call daddy Lou.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally, I think AZ is still out there. I think Actavis would have been OK but the prize is AZ. Look for something in Dec since Pfizer can come back on 11/26 (or around that date). They will give AZ the $3B pounds more they were looking for. It will take a + a year to figure it all out but probably by Jan. 2017 (at latest) we will see PAZ pharma.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that AZ is still very much a target. We need that pipeline.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Pfizer should pay a higher corporate tax rate than Sanofi, Glaxo, Novartis, Astellas, Roche, et al, therefore leaving fewer dollars for YOUR compensation, YOUR dividends, and investment in YOUR company...

And you Lefties are wondering why you're getting laid off...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tax reform would be the right thing ( no pun intended ), but I'm not holding my breath on that happening anytime soon. Inversion may be harder now, but it's probably the right way to go.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does that mean we may finally get rid of her?? How she still has a job with Pfizer after her role with Kindler in pushing Obamacare, her conflict of interest from also being an DEM part bundler, the PR debacle with AZ, ...I will never understand

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn right. We all want to pay higher taxes to make up for Pfizer not paying their fair share.