Commuting to Madison, NJ from NYC

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone work in the Madison, NJ office (safety-OTC) and live in NYC? Is there a shuttle service from the train station to th eoffice and how frequent? What's it like working in Madison as opposed to NYC HQ.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are plenty of helicopters to choose from. The Gulfstreams sometimes. Also Limos.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are mini-van shuttles that meet the morning trains at the Madison train station. The ride is a long commute from Penn Station. The campus is pretty but doesn't have any of the conveniences of 42nd St. If you live in NYC, you are better off working in NYC.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I usually take a limo. What's the big problem?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I always take the limo. I don't understand why this is a problem.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A word to the wise....

As a former Wyeth/Pfizer employee who commuted daily from NYC to NJ, I totally agree with Poster #3. If you live in NYC, you are better off working in NYC.

The ride from Penn Station to Madison is quite long (1+ hour). There are mini-van shuttles that meet the morning trains at the Madison train station, but pickup times are affected by train delays and inclement weather especially in the Winter.

Commuter train costs (NJ Transit) has sky-rocketed within past years. Also, don't forget the added NYC transit fare cost to/from Penn Station.

Good Luck!!

PS: I wasn't lucky or privileged enough to merit VIP transportation. Just a secretary.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does not matter what your job level is, you can still order a limo for work into NYC.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Limos run about $100/hr. Compare that with the cost of owning a car and it is a no brainer to always use a limo.