Collaboration meetings

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First week of December, here we go again. The difference with this year versus previous years?
    This current restructure that the company is going through is more than shifting accounting. It is our way of preparing for the change sin healthcare so the ELT is taking their good old time to make sure they place the right people in the right roles. This re-org is it, for a long time. There will never be one Pfizer that have significant industry power. It was too large and this re-org is breaking us into separate business units. Then we watch and see how each one operates independently, being sold, going generic, etc,.. That's it. This is honestly the last big re-org that may effect every division at every level.
    There will be cuts everyone. Nothing new. As you see, there are many VPs that have no place in the new organization. Some will take on other positions and others are just done. They are too overqualified for any other positions.
    We will see the changes at the regional level next. I am curious to see how this changes. Aside from just learning new products, there will be rep changes. In the past, I would say there is notice to train all these reps on new products but now with virtual training, it is no major loss to train, fire, train, fire.
    For those in Oncology and Vaccine, you guys are set. Amy is the most solid of the 3 leaders and they want to make sure she heads the best division. I wish I was in that division.
    Primary Care won't have major head count changes, especially since I understand that IS reps will be rolled in with us? They say they are maintaining the division (ha!) Even though they say there is not going to be any headcount reduction, there are many duplicate roles and as they fill them, there are people left out. Too many account managers- that is the direction we are headed.
    Ido understand there won't be a major shake up with headcount but there will be "changes" that effect our current position and once they fill the spots they have allocated, any extras will be left in the dust.
    That is why this collaboration meeting is so important. Last year, we knew changes were coming and they cut some, telling us that there will be more changes this year. This re-organization is game changing bc there will need be one mass restructure. They will just be smaller, division specific changes that only effect a few select people.
    I am ready for the change. If I miss they boat, I am at peace with it. If I stay on, amen to more paychecks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am doubting the veracity of your post considering that you are calling the meetings "collaboration" meetings when they are actually calibration meetings. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup the dumb dude doesn't even have the right word...Calibration and in calibrate and rank you ..no wonder he is at the bottom.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spellcheck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop being an a-hole. Oh wait, you're in sales so what else could you be.

It does look very like the monolithic Pfizer corporation will split into three separate companies next year, all Pfizer owned of course - for now. It was be interesting to see who survives. Could this split be enough reason to close our mega-expensive NYC HQ??? Nah......

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course you would point out the least important aspect of the post. I hope that you don't do that in sales? Let me guess, you start every product detail with the side effects and wonder why the docs are so negative?

Either way, the company announced the split months ago and you are right, we probably will never build back up to one pfizer the size it was a decade ago. Even if we acquired or merged, it will never be one big blob like before.

I can't speak for the headcount situation. I don't know if upper management even knows yet to draw a conclusion. But then again, who knows, maybe our fate has already been determined and they are just taking it one layer at a time to announce.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you mean caliphate?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or did you mean SUFFOCATE?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he meant masturbate

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amy is the most solid of the 3 leaders??? The career lawyer with no practical pharma industry experience?? Kindler II?? What a joke...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please explain to me why this company believes that a law degree qualifies you to lead a function that you have absolutely no experience or background in? Amazing, most of these people would be chasing ambulances if they lost their job at Pfizer..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the most of the legal dept. would be chasing ambulances if they're displaced from Pfizer, you would probably be scrubbing toilets at the local High School. Since you've demoted them to the lowest level in the legal hierarchy, you must reduce yourself to the same level your skill set allows for.

Right or wrong, the future of HC and by extension branded medicine will be more about managing complexity (legal and coverage) and less about buying lunches so you can talk to the custodian about what brand of blue toilet bowl cleaner used in the office.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, grow up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll grow up when you get over yourself and your self inflated ego. Since you won't admit you haven't a clue what you type, I refuse to grow up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's "affect" not "effect".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sooooo, my district was assigned times to talk to our DSM last Friday, about how we were rated at the meeting.
    No matter how many times he tries to explained it, it doesn't make sense.
    Last year I was 99.98% of quota. That equated to Consistently meets. This year 128% of quota.
    That equals Consistently meets.
    That 128% is the top 5% of the region, so Consistently Meets can't be based on comparisons. I'm in the to 5%.

What the heck could I have done to improve the rating. ALL assignments were completed on time, I've contributed at POA & helped organize them. I've helped coach newer team members & introduced them to customers I used to call on.

Whats missing?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

top 5% only being a "consistently meets" is pathetic. not the first time this crap has happened . it's a joke and in the real world being in the top 5% would be awesome. I congratulate you on a great year!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much of that 128% came from your team component? Riding the wave or causing the wave?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After attending a number of these meetings I will tell you they are complete BS. It's often a popularity contest with the RM and his favorite DMs driving the process and steering better ratings to the people they consider Emerging Talent or Key Colleagues. Complete bullish*t! If one of their favorites have a bad year they make excuses, if you are not one of the them... you don't ride the wave to a higher rating. Been there, witnessed it, happens every year!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did she ever won a case for Pfizer?... Dont think so...so there you have it, a new lost lawsuit in an already closed case and and yet again Amy lost 100+ millions. Funny thou, how the British took over the company.