Medreps.com

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

medreps is a scam

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any candidate that pays anyone to find a job is a sucker. They get payed to find you

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about HealthCareReps.com? Has anyone landed jobs or responses from this site?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a user of Medreps and got a few calls from recruiters. I personally feel that if you are out of work or looking to make a change- then any form of networking (including this MB) is OK- one watch out on Medreps- if you are in a position with a company and don't want your resume flying around the web. better to stay away services like Medreps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my advice would be to stay away from any site that charges the job seeker.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

healthcarereps.com is decent. Its 30 for the year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the word is FREE ....www.medrepcareers.com only one that I know of that is free and has the most medical sales jobs due to all the medical sales jobs feeding from everywhere into it off the web every day; plus recruiter postings. Tons of new Job Boards in medical sales now and even the old ones like MedReps and The Ladders increasing their fees trying to take advantage of all the unemployment.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: MedRepCareers.com

You are right~! Great site, free and love the funny Medical Sales Life You Tube they have up there today on their front page! www.medrepcareers.com . Has anyone else used them? I see there is that Twitter thing on there...anyone else using Twitter?

Also if you had to pay for just one Job Board on top of this Free One...which one would you choose..Ladders, MedReps, ????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is the best site out there! The jobs are real, the recruiters who place jobs are real and there are just so many of them out there I can't believe it. Plus, it's FREE. The person who wrote my resume told me about it. Not only did she steer me to the site, she is also getting me intouch with the recruiters so I don't get lost in the avalanche of resumes. I love this site!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, hey I LOVE Charles the Pharma Rep. You Tube on their website...HOW FUNNY! Lot of jobs too..thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, love Charles Charles the pharma rep. I see Medrepcareers has a new one on him; "the call". I hate to say it, but I have done worse than Charles Charles on my weekly sales call report.....what a hoot. You are right, I do love the free and all those jobs.

Did you like your resume writing service, would you give up their name if you liked them. Always good to have.

New Charles, Charles Fan and www.medrepcareers.com too! Now that's a call!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heres the REAL deal. I don't work for any of these websites and certainly not medreps, as I suspect a good deal of the above posters do. I am successful in getting employed and you can take this info to the bank. Been in this business 8 yrs and counting, plus many yrs of accomplished work in another field, so not bragging, just letting you know I"ve walked the talk.

O.k....You should'nt ever have to pay crap, they should pay you, if you are any good. Thats it, over and done with. I have NEVER paid to get a job, o.k. The one time I was an ass clown and desperate, I paid $19.95 for a list of mystery shopper positions and guess what, there were none where I live and further the website didn't work and no one, no one ever responded to my complaints. Lesson learned and that was off careerbuilder, so go figure and they never did anything about it either. I complained to them and they never wrote back. Learn from my mistake.

These are the only sites you need to know about, so get your pencils ready, job seekers.
    simplyhired.com, monster.com, careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, medzilla.com, and b2bwhatever, its listed above in someone elses posts. Forget the recruiters, they can really screw you and will, if they have a candidates resume that appeals more to the hiring personnel, they will push it, even if you are the better candidate, why? because they want the commission. Some are just dirtball and they may start out nice, but they get ugly and then they will never call you again when you call them on their skanky ways.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I should have listened to this poster. I just wasted 30 bucks and found nothing of any value including:

multiple posts to the same job
    yahoo and gmail addresses for recruiters
    misspelled words in the job descriptions
    very little information on who or what you are actually sending your resume to

To all those trying to find a new job, good luck. Just stay away from medreps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my, now you know why most companies are only looking for the top 10% of sales people: they normally have an upbeat, "can do" attitude and the top sales to prove it! Look at these last two posts, boo hoo...can't doooooooooo! Yep, you guys stay away from the job boards....a lot of crap clogs the works on the job boards making it difficult for recruiters to find us good one's: plunger needed!

16. I can't say from a candidate's point of view. But I can tell you that we post our jobs there and have placed many candidates from those listings. I think it is much better than many of the others.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try www.bragfolio.com It's free. I created my profile which is emailable with your personal created url address. I sent it to 4 recruiters and 1 employer post and was contact by 2 the same day! It was pretty cool. So far I have had good luck with it and didn't pay a cent!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This site is not a rip off. 80% of all medical device jobs available are listed here. The response rate is low because 90% of all people looking to get into medical are not qualified. This will also lead you to recruiters who can help you get a job in the industry. If recruiters don't respond to your resume it is because: 1) you aren't qualified or 2) they have received so many responses that your resume got lost in the shuffle. Most probably it is 1.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No longer $30/yr....their rates have really gone up. I have been a member w/them for a couple of years, but with the increase along with a big lack of legitimate responses from those who list....will look elsewhere.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a membership with them. I've had it since January, and hadn't gotten anywhere with it until I got a contract gig a few months ago. This guy used a recruiter rather than listing himself, so I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have found the job elsewhere. It's also nice that it's not full of mislabeled junk listings liked Monster or Careerbuilder. It's only $30 per year, which is well worth it if you find something. Be aware going in that these are all vaguely described recruiter listings, but if you're as desperate as I am, you'd probably rather apply for a few jobs you might not want than miss any that you might so who cares if the listing's vague.