UCB MSL teams

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2015 at 8:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will anyone be left?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably not. They forced out everyone older than 35 and lied about it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another one gone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no! What's going on over there?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PG

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The entire leadership team is a mess on both sides. Absolutely useless

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true that M.Y. from Amgen now leading the UCB Inflammation Team - he's only out for himself, beware!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is true, and you are right.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know the VP of Med Affairs from a former employer. Back then, he was a fat tub of lard with a bad hairpiece and a weaselly demeanor. He's worse now, and his management teams on the MSL side are abysmally incompetent.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting, my company avoids hiring anyone under 35.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is anyone left?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

qualified people know the answer. Those asking questions like this, anonymously, on a public forum tend to have questionable motive.

13. MarsMan1108

MarsMan1108 Guest

The place is simply a mess. Underpays (by a lot). Incompetent MSL leadership (the A.D.s are a joke, and M.Y. is not honest). Run, don't walk, away from anything to do with this.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

M.Y. is dishonest. Pete and Re-Pete are incompetent. All new hires either lack work ethic and experience or are well known in the industry for their lackluster performance.

15. M.Y. is both dishonest AND incompetent. He was fired from Amgen - had been "shuffled around for 10 years". Has chased off 10+ MSLs, 2 Medical Directors, 2 Associate Medical Directors, with more to come. Pete and Re-Peat are incompetent (and Re-Peat is known to not work). M.Y. is the worst micromanager of all time. His Boss, L.I. (out of Brussels, new "Head" of Global Medical Affairs") is un-intelligible. He can talk for 30 minutes and no one has any idea what he is saying.
    Bottom line: if UCB calls, don't answer the phone. If you are there now, RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can. Glad I got out early in the M.Y. regime. He has been there one year, and I could not have made it one week under his micromanagement.

16. Yeah, and one of the MSLs stuck at UCB told me that a new MSL (apparently she is dumber than dirt) FLUNKED her CD assessment. How could ANYONE fail that? I know two of their new hires: very bad. But that is all that UCB can hire: very bad. They underpay by a lot, and have AWFUL management. Too bad. It used to be a great team.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New employees are being hired at the competence level of the management team; M.Y, Pete, and Re-Pete. If you gave Pete the CD assessment today he'd fail and he's been there 3+ years. M.Y. and Re-Pete would fail too.

About time someone spoke up about L.I.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worked once at a meeting with L.I. That guy is probably the worst of all. As some one said above, he can talk for a long time, lots of big words, but it is like his thinking is all garbled. Strings buzzwords together that mean absolutely nothing, like signal to noise, double our impact. But he truly has no idea. At least M.Y. seems to know things, but he is the worst manager of all time. I am glad I left not long after he began. I hear terrible things about how he micromanages, and now has run off 4 medical directors or associate medical directors. Wow, at most companies, these two guys would have been fired a long time ago. The HR department at UCB seems to be in a deep slumber, or they just don't care. Sad. Like some one said above, run away from UCB. Not a place you want to go to or to stay at. When I was hired some years back, it was a pretty good place. Now, just awful, and getting worse. I hear that the CNS side may be even worse, if that's possible.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is that lard loudmouth from Boston still there? Worked with him at another company. He was best forgotten.