Sonicare Sales Representative at Philips Medical

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2007 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had 3 years B2B sales experience and I got the interview through a recruiter, Scott Riedel. His email is sriedel@becsearch.com - I think he still recruits for Sonicare, and he's a really nice guy. Hope this helps!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had my first f2f and wanted to know how long the process to hear back usually is??? And about training....Thanks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What territory? Probably will only take a couple of days to hear something. They usually dont drag things out. How did you think the interview went?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they said that about 25% of reps maxed out their bonus, meaning their overall year end number was 120% to plan or better.

EVEN IF YOU WIN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, YOU'RE STILL RETARDED.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the interview went great, very laid back DM and I felt awesome when I left...still I haven't heard back from him! (Are you secretly the DM?? And checking this forum out now?? :) )
    He told me that he was planning to hire March 1st--territory is Georgia.
    Do you work for the company or have any insight???

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do work for Sonicare - I am not the DM, but I do know him (SA). He is awesome. You would be lucky to work for him - laid back and really nice. Good luck, this really is a great company to work for! How long ago was the interview? Usually you would hear something in a couple of days.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He seemed great..he told me that it was narrowed down to 7 people out of over 100 for the first round of interviews.
    I interviewed with him on Jan 23rd (I think). Have you heard if someone has been hired for the territory? I sent him a thank you email---should I email him again?
    I told him about this forum so maybe he is looking at it and sees my interest!! Ha ha!! I would love the opportunity to work for Philips!!!! Tell him!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not heard if they have hired anyone for Georgia. Sure, email him again! Why not? Just ask him if you are moving forward to the next round. What's your background?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 years infusion sales, marketing/sales for periodontist before that..

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats great, this guys a trip

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd take 90k for selling a toothbrush. Sign me up. Any openings in Minnesota.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90 k, no way

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few different questions.

I am interviewing at Philips for the Sonicare position. I had a successful phone screen and 1st face-to-face interview. I am awaiting my second face-to-face.
    I am curious as to the starting base salaries of those in the field (one poster says 55k, the phone screener said 52k, I am curious if there is room for negotiations.)
    I am also curious how the bonuses have been going? The DM said approx 4k/quarter bonus and if you exceeded quota (120%) in every 'bucket' then you were eligible for another 20k or so in annual bonuses. He said he had one rep exceed 120 last year. Not sure if that was in 'all buckets' or not. So I am guessing at plan, average comp would be somewhere around 70k +/- Does that sound about right?
    I'm not sure if you make any additional bonus if you are below the 120% (not sure if between 100-120% there is a year end bonus?)

I am also interviewing with pharma, and it seems their bases are a bit higher, with the same types of bonus, perhaps a little more. But it seems like there isn't that 'instant gratification' that goes with selling. This seems like a true sales job, versus a pharma non-transactional type of 'sell'.
    What are your opinions of the two industries?
    I have already received a couple offers. Do you happen to know how long the process is from initial interview to offer with Philips?

Thank you in advance!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yo, don't even think about taking a pharma job over Sonicare. I probably have as much info about the pharma industry and Sonicare as anyone. Sonicare is a good gig and pharma is dying a slow death.............
    If you need to take a pharma job, make sure it's with a small company - Big Pharma is not a good place to be !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for a position next week, could someone tell me how long and where training is?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 weeks away. 8 wks total. 1 at home, 2wks in Conn/NJ? wks4-5 home 6 in seattle, 7-8 home... where are you interviewing? territory?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The southeast

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anybody could give me some insight on the interview process that would be great, is it STAR format or just situational questions?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

southeast? me too. what's DM's initials? mine only has one spot empty. I wonder if we are going up for same position. . . What stage in the interview process are you?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, a lot of STAR, and tell me about a time. A lot of generics too, biggest strength/weakness, goals, 5 years, etc. Three face to face interviews, each one different depending on management style.
    Hope this helps!