changes to hospital sales

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question for hospital reps...
    What are you selling in 2014? Are you coming over to Primary Care?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm selling value creation.

K.A.M.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not asking you. What about IS? Eliquis is 60%?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it time yet to start speculating about 2014?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not speculating. I am just asking if this is true because it would be nice if they told us. This directly impacts me, it is annoying that I am not getting direct answers from my company yet two of my cards at lunch told me they met the "new pfizer rep" that will be promoting Eliq.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a position posted on a contract company...

"Hospital experience in ACUTE CARE is required. Demonstrated expertise contracting with Hospital systems, academic medical centers and integrated IDNs. Experience with IV antibiotic contracting is strongly REQUIRED. Hospital/ Institutional Pharmaceutical or Medical Sales experience is required along with a documented track record of formulary wins. Five years of pharmaceutical and two years of Hospital/Institutional experience is required. I.V. Antibiotic, Infusion, Injectable, Infectious Disease, Anti-infective,Cardiovascular, Anticoagulant, thrombolytic, sales experience is desirable for this position. Candidate must have new product launch experience and strong relationships in given area. Expertise in account management, and selling into hospital systems and integrated delivery systems (IDNs) is beneficial. A documented track record of success is required for this position. Kindly forward your resume as a word document for consideration for this outstanding sales opportunity!! Thank you in advance for your response. We support diversity and inclusion in the workplace."

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what company? Pfizer specialty uses PDI connections.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On call

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called attrition.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez, the only thing they left out in the job post was the "Kitchen Sink"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at current IS products... Z & E...
    What other hospital division has this same Product combination in one division??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know we have been saying it for years BUT 2014 has got to be the end for IS. BMS has a hospital sales force. There are 5 reps selling Eliquis. I mean really--what in the hell are we going to be doing in 2014. We need some answers ASAP!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company will know what their doing in 2014...just don't be in such a hurry to get the answer, you may not enjoy it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, JNJ Hospital?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS and Pfizer will totally reconfigure hospitals in 2014. They will replace current reps with Pfizer Institutional Sales force and BMS will create a mirrored hospital sales force starting in March, 2014. Someone needs to explain to Pfizer that IS relationship with Infectious Disease physicians doesn't help them in Cardiology.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true on ID docs. but knowing the hospital space as a whole and having experience in this space could be valuable if there is a decent product in the bag.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS is way past ID. Just ask a KAM. JNJ made the ABX transition and seems to be doing fine with Xarelto.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in IS so I am just happy to have a job in this case. We aren't competing for these jobs are we?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer PC reps. never were able to get into the hospital, even to pharmacy in most cases. They don't understand hospital systems, and lucked out getting Eliquis on formulary. IS is finding out that most formulary status is restricted when told unrestricted by PC or BMS. And hospitals will deal with one Eliquis rep. Someone needs to decide will it be Pfizer IS or BMS, because it won't be both. Wait and see. Plus no money & no resources will make getting anything accomplished amount to nothing. Its a place to sit for another year before BMS takes over.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where have you been genious?
    BMS starts hospital force effective March 1.
    IS has to have all targets in system by March 1
    IS managers have meeting in Dallas Feb 3-5, or around then.
    IS will be gone by Easter