Tick Tock ...6 months down, 6 to go

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The countdown has made it to the halfway point for the Diabetes Division. AZ agreed to no structure changes for 1 year post BMS acquisition. That year deadline is fast approaching.
    They are deciding now what the new structure will look like and how many will be shit canned.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's actually 7 months, but whose counting

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bydureon is flat with 2 new entries entering the market. May be first in class but def not best in class. Farxiga is doing ok but not enough to pay the bills. Huge mistake taking onglyza out of everyones bag. Numbers are falling hence revenue. Now scrambling to get salesforce back in. I guess sample dropping product wasnt such a good idea.

Can feel the pressure from managment. Trackers, conference calls for no purpose but to tell us we need to move the needle. They want to look good so that they get to be picked as the manger to head up the greatly reduced field force.

CSA may stay. Effective and less expensive option then direct hire. Don't think the company will let CSA go before Direct hire. Its been done several times before with other companies and will happen more and more. Many experienced reps now in contract world. Easy to hire and easy to fire. No severence, benifits to worry about. Reduces companies own back office expenses. Very cost effective.

Expect an announcment when AZ has their earnings call in fall. May even see AZ board reaching out to Pfizer in 2 months. Christmas will be our 60 notice. They can get rid of us tomorrow. If an agreement was in place with BMS they would just have to pay us our salary thru jan.

I don't know about anyone else but I already have my resume printed up and ready to go.

Just my 2 cents worth. But what do I know. I just get up every morning and go to work and worry as to wether I will have a job tomorrow, next office to call on, and hope that my counterpart(s) did not step out of routing screwing up my day.

Happy July 4 everyone!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The diabetes division is the most poorly run sales unit ever. Complete dysfunction with the most incompetent leadership. Even the biggest dummies on top of this mess have to see what a cluster they have created. This will come to screeching halt soon. Who to blame - BJ?
    Is this sales force design his? Or Daly? Or the mix of bobble-heads under them. They are the ones who should be kicked to the curb, but as always the sales force suffers and will pay the price for their gross negligence.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me something new. You could say the same thing about any one of our sales teams.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our manager treats us with absolute disrespect amid all the external changes. It is chaos on her team. I am ready for change. I too worry everyday about organizational changes and what that means for my job security. But even more stressful is trying to figure out how to avoid her negativism. This company needs as much share of voice as possible until restructure. My boss disagrees - she is trying to fire as many people as possible ahead of restructure.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is what you do at AZ if you want to keep your job. And those who do it the best get promoted. You don't need leadership skills. All you need to do is beat the shit out of people and make sure that senior leadership knows it. And make sure you have plenty of micromanaging tracking systems in place to look like you are in touch with your business.
    Oh, and never miss an opportunity to suck up to those that control your future. That is pretty much it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sums up the woman put in charge of our team. She doesn't know the business - she has us do her data analysis so she can look good to her boss. And her boss has no idea how Unorganized and unhinged she is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds eerily familiar. I wonder if we are on the same team. Lets have a conference call to discuss.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the woman who heads up my team.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the person AA?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is AA? Where located? Male or female DM?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like J.D.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AA is Amy Anton. Female - Chicago.