Contract with Inventiv

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight on these registered nurse positions?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either for Brilinta or Bydureon push.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just another example of AZ flushing money down the toilet. What a total waste of money that AZ doesn't have. It gives a new meaning to the word desperation.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got hired with you guys to sell that Brillinta!! So excited! I have an uncle that is a cardiologist so I know I will have a lot to talk about to help you guys sell! Can't wait to get started.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank God! We're saved!

What a dolt....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I talked to my uncle and me told me that his partners don't want to see az reps so now I don't know what to do! Should I take this job? I lost my other job so I kinda needs it. Guess I'll figure out something.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our AZ salesforce failed but nice to see mgmt is thinking out of the box and getting aggresive.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK so a trained ,experienced sales force couldnt hit sales numbers so we are hiring nurses with no sales experience to talk to discharge nurses and pharmacies. How about trying to influence the actual decision makers!! Pharmacies swith to generics because they make more $. Discharge nurses just follow the Physicians discharge protocol. They will pull the plug on this contract within 6 months.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about they are spending the money to buy access and established relationships? Two things that a slew of overpaid sample droppers could never develop?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me get this straight.....AZ is hiring nurses to talk to nurse practitioners and physician assistants with the goal of having someone with a nursing degree bond professionally with other nurses and other prescribers to write more prescriptions for Brilinta. Is this some kind of sick joke? What happened to the hospital sales force and the CVAS reps????? Wasn't that supposed to be their job???? I would love to know who the genius was that thought this one up!! Good grief!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, simple. While you are standing on their toes, shouting in their faces, challenging and demanding scrips and viewed as a self serving pariah, the nurse seeks to use their peer driven "credibility" and ofttimes similar experience to bond and build rapport.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

. . . and I have known plenty of nurses to get into pharma thinking just that only to find that doctors and "their" fellow nurses see them as SALES people anyway. Problem is nurses usually cannot sell and if they do, all their "nursing/clinical" credibility goes out the window. No company needs seven people-plus in the same territory selling one drug. This is beyond stupid and proof of desperation.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the life of me, I will never, ever understand the decisions our dumb ass leaders make! This "nurse" thing is way beyond AZ's normal lunacy!! WHO TALKED THEM INTO THIS STUPID BULLSHIT???

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nurses can't sell? Really? If a nurse is working as a drug rep, they take the same training that you do so what makes you think they can't sell? I am an RN with over 10 years experience in Cardiology who has been in pharma sales for the last 9 years. My very first year in sales I was #1 in the nation and won Chairman's Council. Yes, my nursing experience helped me tremendously in sales. The rapport and trust was already there. All I had to do was detail the practitioners on my products. I think it is a very wise decision for AZ to go with Cardiac Nurses to promote a Cardiac drug. I guarantee you I could talk circles around your reps when it comes to cardiac disease states!! Oh and by the way, I am still considered a "credible" nurse by the practitioners I call on.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds to me like you all are a little intimidated by the "nurse" thing. It's not just a nurse they are looking for, it is a Cardiac Nurse. Cardiac Nurses are a special group. Their training is astonishing-ACLS, IABP therapy, CCRN, PALS and more. Anyone can sell, but it takes special people to be Cardiac Nurses. I am a Cardiac Charge Nurse and I work with vendors all the time trying out new products. When we do get some type of new equipment, the vendor trains me and a few other nurses and then we do presentations and train the rest of the staff. Isn't that what you do? Make presentations to physicians and try to get them to use your products? What better person to promote and do educational presentations about a cardiac drug? I am considering making a career change and applying for one of these positions. If it doesn't work out, no big deal, I can get a nursing job anywhere. What would you do if you got laid off? Probably hit the unemployment line, right???

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do know that the contract is only through 12/31/13 don't you? Not exactly a "career change".

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not knocking nurses AT ALL. What you fail to realize is once you cross over, YOU, with all your great training, will be viewed as NOTHING but a sales person and you ARE much more than that. Why on EARTH would you give up your real calling to be a drug rep? Seriously, DO NOT do it. You will so very sorry. We are all screwed as lifer reps. No need to be cruel. Most of know it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS came up with brainstorm in the 90's to hire pharmacists to sell.Needless to say,a miserable failure.Theory vs. practicality!Let's get real!You can teach products to reps,but you cannot teach them to be successful sales people if they are not predisposed to be sales reps! DUH!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never met a nurse who wasn't a bit wacky in the brain. They are usually open to sexual experimentation as well.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a nurse wanted to give pharma a try and later decided they wanted to go back into the hospital, they could easily do so with no problem at all.