On a Performance Plan

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilinta & Crestor numbers are not good. Manager put me on a plan. What does this mean for the future?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management through fear. If it was an "action plan", do exactly what he/she laid out in the plan. If it was a "PIP", you are being managed out, unless something unusual happens in your favor.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can they put anyone on a plan ? Especially, in CV considering how jacked up the incentive addresses are ? We are always told that that 50% of the scripts come from 20% of our customers and AZ has eally screwed up the data base. WTF, can't wait for my year end review when I am told I did make my numbers. I will say can "t control that AZ changed the addresses of top prescribers, can't make heart attacks happen in the summer, can't make clincal cardiologists do interventions. Where is our leadership? They are the ones that gave us territories comprised of 20 ICs and then fucked the addresses.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That means retail work lies in your future.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It could mean your manager is trying some corrective action to see if your numbers will improve, or it could mean your manager does not like you and you're this years victim, or the manager is getting pressure from the CBD and this is the beginning process of managing you out.

Everything you do will now be under the microscope. It should become evident to you whether your manager is trying to manage you out based on their reaction to your efforts.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No moron what it means is that you have 90 days to find a job or you wil be fired. By the time your worthless ass gets to the PIP stage you are a dead man walking, period. I am a former DSM at this dump and know all the angles on PIPs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some Action Plans are survivable. They are a precursor to PIPs. I was placed on one a few yrs ago due to "lack of growth" on Nexium. It was very unsettling and prac caused me a nervous breakdown. However, instead of being pissed off at my mang, I sat down with her and built a plan that showed I was really trying to grow the business. I did everything she demanded in the Action Plan, despite little growth in Nex share, I mang to be taken off the AP. Unfort you gotta suck up big time or get shit canned. Your choice. PIPs I understand are a diff animal. Sometimes you can sign a paper that you will accept around 6 weeks salary while you are searching for another job. After that, your toast. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Y

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is with all the half words you illiterate bimbo? Illiterate dummies like you are why this industry is such a fucking joke.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. Def.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Asshole. Not the PP, but this is CP not a even a blog. Get a life.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get an education assfuck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I survived 2 pips at one pharma co. A rep in fear will fail. A rep taking ownership of the "improvement" aspect of a pip can survive. Most peeps cower in fear. Pip is a psychological tool. Managers know it's also a major pain in the arse to administer a pip. Even if #s in the cr*apper, a pip can be beat. The former dsm posting here knows it too.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. You sound like the biggest loser in this industry filled with dimwits. 2 PIPs? Go work in a mall kiosk asswipe.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a poorly informed millennial. I looked into the abyss, then beat them at their own game. Would love to tell you how to do it, but it might be over your head.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Thank you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No problem fuckface

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It speaks to the lilly liver management that survives here. Likely the reason the continue to do this is that Pfizer Merck Glaxo do it.

You will be fired.

Unless Pfizer Merck Glaxo make a change and send the memo out in like two or three days.

A management has nothing to offer, they follow. They "lead from behind."

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. A good offense is a good defense. Pip is adversarial, implemented after they've consulted internally with hr and legal.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was the jackasses in IT who screwed up the database and the worthless leaders here dont have the brains or balls to raise hell about it. They just keep pinching the reps. How much do we pay for these worthless IT tools? Why is there no accountability?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with AZ for about 9 months now. I came from another industry and this environment was totally foreign to me. To say the least, I have been struggling and thought nobody cared or was paying attention. I now am proud to be a part of this organization. My boss rode with me last week and at the end of the day we sat down for a debriefing. I really thought he wasn't concerned about me or my career but I was wrong. He had actually been thinking about me and came up with a plan to help guide me. He has outlined specific tasks and goals for me to obtain and even put times to achieve them by. I really like that he is holding me accountable and will be showing me more individual attention. Now we get to communicate more frequently by email and phone. I was thinking he didn't like me or care but now he is spending more time with me than anyone else on his team. In fact what he came up with to help me even said Performance Improvement Plan as the title or PIP for short as he nicknamed it. We went over the details and I'm excited to say the least. Now I have specific targets to achieve that, as he said, are meant to help me more systematically reach larger goals. He said that he was even holding himself accountable to my success so that is why the HR department was aware of his actions. He said he had failed me but with this tool, that would be a living document, we would get back on track.

I'm am so excited and happy to work for an organization like AZ that would put this type of ongoing training and development into their people.

Life is good again