More Layoffs This Week

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Nov 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Now that's poetic justice :) I wonder what the new rep will say to try to convince you PPS is great company to use...have you met the new PCC?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Tell me of a company who isn't?

What will it take to get a PCC to go into a doctor's office and let them know that PPS can deliver oxygen, and cpaps, and can service patients?

PPS has the means to do that, and if the PCCs got out there PPS won't need to do any head count reductions.

It doesn't get any more elementary than that.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as the Dr.'s don't mind that they have absolutely no portable oxygen concentrator plan, are totally unable to do any kind of DME, (so if you need to order O2 and a walker, but the company absolutely refuses to do a walker, you'll most likely find a company that can do both), and that we require paperwork that is miles beyond what other companies do, EVEN IF THE PATIENT DOES NOT HAVE MEDICARE, then yeah, it should be smooth sailing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

REALLY? REALLY? WOW, put down the crack pipe and come to reality.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like the same old PPS Sales credo 'the company can't be successful without sales', 'sales can help us overcome anything', 'you didn't build that company, sales did', 'let's go crush the goal!', 'let's all go party on the sales bus and watch our SVP gyrate and dry hump on the cute sales girls'. Sales, sales, sales without compliant behavior gets you what you have here, that being a mess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales are important but the sales staff is the least educated staff in the industry. Dropping off lunches at MD offices might have worked for awhile but there is more to selling this industry than that. Sales reps need to be trained on the industry rules and regulations as well as know that there is more to the industry than oxygen concentrators. The previous management invested in tools like CRMs, human resources quackery, and call centers located where no branches are. It truly is the story of a fairly decent company that got sidetracked in a sales first mentality that ultimately ruined the company. Sales of Medicare 02 alone may not even be profitable so more patients may actually hurt the company more. It must be hard for a PPS sales rep to explain why patients can't get anything other than a concentrator as a stationary system. PPS knew since 2003 that competitive bidding was coming and was acquiring companies as late as 2004-2005. Having the parent company in Japan is likely how the management got away with that. The company needs a total extreme makeover but is unlikely going to get one now. Had Kane gone to Tejin and explained what was needed long term when he was first anointed CEO the company might be in a better situation today. If you are truly concerned with where PPS is going just look at the career page on the website. Do you see any jobs advertised that will address PPS problems? PPS is not looking for executives to guide the business. The rumor about tackling hospice? Get real, that is real patient care the feds are going to cut in the future. This is news that has already been reported in major industry rags. No PPS is looking for a company that is doing oxygen to buy the entire operation. If they find no buyers then they will have to find some people who need to take PPS to a level where it can compete again? By the way, how are those sales numbers?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! As a PCC, I was laughed out of a few situations where the referral sources knew the game & there was absolutely nothing I could do about it..

Word travels fast...when a company is run horribly & makes bad decision after bad decision, & our really smart doctors who seem to know the industry better than PPS, begin to state very clearly why they will never do business with PPS. Now…as the PCC, it was extremely frustrating to learn your top accounts are dropping left and right due to things such as:

1. FBI Raid
    2. Medicare chart note requirements....regardless of the weak compliance arguments discussed in training...when ABC DME can get the job done with quick turn around its a no brainer who the drs will chose
    3. No local RTs...enough said (when CPAPs were still around of course)
    4. Can't leave or sell tanks to referral sources for daytime testing
    5. Told to tell drs no we cannot setup your urgent o2 discharge bc of pick any reason out of a hat...9/10 its something to do with some new rule about testing that wasn't covered in training or some other random reason
    6. See any of the above items...

Put it all together=

Extremely frustrating situations PCCs have to sell around when your competition can get in there and get patients setup much quicker with less obstacles
    Not saying it can’t be done but honestly, how confident in your product can the PCC be when they’re not even secure the company will be around to service patients in a year?!!!

Now poster from 2/1/14 @ 11:12AM..... what can you possibly have to say to counter this?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's reality, PCCs are scamming the company. They join PPS and last for five months, during that time do nothing but to get some additional income to help with the severance they got from their last job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting changes to the pps website career section could be seen as a prelude to big changes coming. Just look at the lack of jobs for leadership positions in a company desperate for some leadership.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should have seen the writing on the wall when my entire PCC training class was eliminated w/in 1 years time...including the ones doing the training

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came on in late 2011, and at the beginning of 2012, I was in a training class of eight: three PCCs, three PCCAs (including me), a DSM and a Regional Mgr. The trainer (Deb H.) and assistant (Shaun F.) and all eight of us are now gone; I lasted the longest (two years, two weeks) before being laid off. My position doesn't even exist anymore.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is PPS hosting all day job fairs and interviewing if they just did layoffs?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy strategy right? I have also heard various rumors they are reaching out to people who were laid off and bringing them back. WTF? Did they finally realize they messed up with some of these?