Department of Defense raid with the FBI?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me why the Department of Defense and the Department of Health and Human Services would be in on the raid? Before anyone tries to rebut this; yes they were, and; no, I'm not a disgruntled employee.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As for the Dept of Defense.....I can't imagine. I did hear that they also interviewed about 150 patients (I don't know what the time frame was for this) so, if they determined that there was some type of activity that could be construed as being unsafe for patients...? Maybe that could account for the other agency being involved?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Health & Human services (Medicare, Medicaid) - understandable, especially if there may be fraudulant activity, but the DOD? Hmmmmmmm.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DOD would be involved if they were looking at VA claims.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tricare Claims?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you don't know what's it's like in a real dme company one would think pps is the right way to do business. Truly, they don't know what it is like to take care of patients. Numbers come first. This way of doing business can only lead to corruption. Kane, Anderson, and many others can't compare pps to a clinically based dme where patients come first. They deserve what they get and I for one hope it's jail!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

!!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kane is evil...he should go to jail.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Yes! and JA too!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generally A raid like this only occurs once OIG and Medicare have concrete proof of a multitude of fraudulent acts. Think operation wheeler dealer, they had investigators pose has patients and referrers to gather evidence. This also happened in Florida. Now that evidence has been gathered and files have been confiscated it will be about six months before charges are passed down. FBI is involved because of felony charges, DOD because of Tricare/Triwest once again felony.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So glad for the unveiling of truth. What a horribly corrupt, mismanaged company. Really does suck because they hire GOOD people... so many hoops to jump through to get on-boarded...but they have this opmpa loompa system of bring em on.let..em go...that way there is no accountability, right? The company has no integrity. NONE. Their corporate "values" not lived. I hated to leave my position, because I loved the relationships I formed, and I loved the patient care. But the management of this corporation was SOOOOO stinking bad. SO bad. The FBI 'thump down' was LONG due...but It is indeed sad because of all the good people that didn't do wrong. So many employees could have been retained to help build this company, with proper management. I'm sorry, but where who reports to the Japanese Board? Um...you should be FIRED. You have NOT done your job well. I must agree. SHUT PPS DOWN.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PPS merged with AHS who has the home oxygen contract for VISN 2. Not Tricare, VA.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

iT'S VERY SAD VERY GOOD HONEST PEOPLE WILL POTENTIALLY LOSE THEIR JOBSUNFORTUNATE TO SEE THE COMPANYAND THAT IT IS ALL ABOUT NUMBERS AND MONEY GOALS, GAVE LITTLE ATTENTION TO ITS' CLIENTS AND PATIENTS WELL BEING OR THE EMPLOYEES THAT ACTUALLY CARED. I'M NO LONGER A TECH THERE BUT WAS DRIVEN TO POINT OF PHYSICAL BREAK DOWN DUE TO POORLY MANAGED CENTER, MANAGEMENT WHO TURNED AN EYE WHEN COMING INTO PRESENCE OF BAD OR CROOKED STAFF. AFRAID TO TAKE INITIATIVE , INSTEAD, REPSONDING BY LOOKING FOR OTHERS TOBLAME FOR THEIR COWARDNESS OR INNABILITY TO MANAGE THEIR OPERATIONS AND OFFICES.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will know when something concrete transpires because Medicare will suspend all PPSC billing numbers. Nothing to talk about until billing priveledges are suspended.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and that could come pretty quickly my dear friends....look for suspended medicare licenses within the next couple of weeks.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cant come soon enough...corrupt company, corrupt PCC's...Scum of the earth Compliance and Ops Mgrs...their minds are so criminal...they dont know right from wrong, so how can they expect to have PCC's/PCC Asst's that have integrity? Oh btw, what does the word integrity mean anyway ? But I bet they know the meaning of theft, forgery, fraud, lying, corruption...Cause this is what they do best ! Just saying

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They won't hire anyone with industry experience because of the fact that they will subject themselves to scrutiny. They have obviously been forging documents and who knows what else. I have read and heard they are providing altered oximetrys to docs of patient who don't have qualifying test results. Putting people on oxygen who don't require it is the equivalent to prescribing drugs or giving a overdose of heroin. The only way Pacific Pulmonary can meets its sales objectives is to make up data on the few referrals sources stupid enough to trust them. They can not compete as a real provider that offers a variety of 02 modalities. I hope they get what is coming. The sooner the better for the industry. They do hire some good T and A though, I'll give them that much.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

T & A.... eww. Really? ....ass. Get off the scum bucket hayride. Good content, good posts, and then, this. Competitor mud slinging? Can't stand PPS....can't stand jack ass comments, either.