PPSC sold

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teijin in negotiations to sell PPSC to Linde

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahaha hahahaha! Oh thanks for that, I needed a good chuckle. You know PPSC is just the website, right? I mean, the company isn't called PPSC by anyone, ever.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be the end for every employee above driver if true. No need for anybody because Linscare is everywhere. Just absorb the patients and get rid of the company. Only problem is Linscare will do a lengthy due diligence and find the billing documents are forged! No sale!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus, Teijin wants to expand its presence, not sell it off.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its going to be too expensive for Teijin to fix the mess @ PPS. Jane went hard discussing how the company will become a total home health & survive strong as ever...

1 problem...PPS struggled in 2012-2013 with Peak & the other divisions...with reimbursements cut from Medicare and jobs being lost left & right, the only logical choice for PPS is to sell & start over as a new company.

Perhaps Jane meant PPS will be bought by a total home health company and begin a new this way?

What do you guys think?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, sorry. PPS is sticking around.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prove it with a statement of cash flows

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't have a Stanford MBA like the leadership of PPS past, but I believe that in order to sell anything it needs to have some value to the purchasor (I am being sarcastic). As far as I can tell the only thing PPS has to offer is:

1) A list of patients who may or may not be alive, but who are being fraudulently billed at a loss.

2) A bunch of old equipment that nobody has cleaned in years.

3) A bunch of centers that nobody has cleaned in years.

4) A fleet of leased vans that nobody has cleaned in years.

5) A poorly trained sales staff with 95% annual turnover

6) A bunch of employees scared of getting laid off next Friday.

7) an ongoing FBI investigation that has not been resolved after two years.

8) An army of lawyers now running the show.

I would love to see this pitch on the next episode of Shark Tank.

Yep, PPS won't be sold anytime soon, they have no assets worth buying and Teijin can afford the loss.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If PPS really is as bad as you say, would it really have gotten reaccredited with so few issues?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The title for this thread is so misleading. "In negotiations" is not "sold".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a good question, and one that deserves some attention. Do you understand how accreditation works? We pay THEM to come and audit the business. They check to see if we are doing what the SOP's say PPS should be doing. Part two, is read the SOP's carefully and understand these are worded vaguely on purpose. The person in corporate (she) who's name I will not name here is the master of deception. Why do you think she is in that position? She's good at it and knows all the "tips and tricks" (her words) of the trade. In other words she knows how manipulate the process well and she has taught that masterful skill to her cohorts. If they were to dig, and I mean really dig, they would find a multitude of issues here. They don't need to though, that is what MCR pays their auditors to do and one of the reasons why PPS has been in a steady decline for 3 years.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are no auditors that examine billing documents and claims for the accreditation process. What got pps in trouble were billing documents that were either missing, manipulated/forged. Even the private audits that are not performed by Medicare look at the billing documents that relate to Medicare. The audits are where the red flags come from, not the survey and resurvey for a plaque to hang on the wall.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is correct. They only look at "compliance" documents, but as I said if they dig, really dig they could tear PPS apart.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So now you are calling the concept of accreditation into question? Do you have a better idea?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accreditation is as simple as a review of a healthcare organizations policy and procedure and are they being 1. Followed 2. are they in alignment with current accepted medical practices and 3. patient satisfaction and other compliance issues. Now a P&L /balance sheets are another matter all together. Once any potential buyer completes their due diligence they will quickly walk....run away! Is Tom I still spewing his unintelligible BS about Tejin's long-term plan for PPS. I never could understand a word he said. He should have had an interpreter.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They only look at "compliance" documents, but as I said if they dig, really dig they could tear PPS apart

Wow, that sounds exactly like Rotech also lol!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) A list of patients who may or may not be alive, but who are being fraudulently billed at a loss.

2) A bunch of old equipment that nobody has cleaned in years.

3) A bunch of centers that nobody has cleaned in years.

4) A fleet of leased vans that nobody has cleaned in years.

5) A poorly trained sales staff with 95% annual turnover

6) A bunch of employees scared of getting laid off next Friday.

7) an ongoing FBI investigation that has not been resolved after two years.

8) An army of lawyers now running the show.
    Actually, this one sounds like Rotech too lol
    Actually, this one sounds like Rotech too lol