NVS attrition rate?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 1, 2014 at 4:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does NVS Gen Meds and MSBU compare with industry attrition rate?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly, yes it does, somewhat. Telling isn't it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should ask at the next townhall

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you trying to make the point that people are leaving Novartis more so than other companies? I don't need a weatherman to tell me it's raining when I can just look out the window!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever hear numbers on it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider that clearly 2000+ reps have been tossed aside. It is hard to calculate attrition when you have this huge loss to the base. It also makes the morale of those of us left lower as time goes by.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think going rate is 12-15% per year in pharma sales, not counting sales force cuts. Of course downsizing would make it much higher.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude…why even ask this question?!? "Attrition" would imply that most Novartians leave of their own free will. The Gen Meds sales force was at 5000+ headcount five years ago. 5000!!! And through numerous layoffs, one every year to my count and sometimes two, HQ has brought that number to an unbelievable 300+ sales reps.

I will use a terrible analogy to make my point…the patient has cancer and you're worried about what color nail polish they have on….

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis is a revolving door. Its a step stone or reality check in one's pharmaceutical career. Only the chosen that perpetuate a "toxic culture" get a head and those with fortitude and talent, leave to do better somewhere else after wiping the feet on the Novartis door mat. The others are simply are too weak to fight or embrace the status queue!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And there are those with the courage to change the status QUO from within.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The attrition rate and mass layoffs are part of the top down plan. Since the t
    Geniuses running the show have been inept at growing the business, the have turned to cost cutting to boost profits. If Those in charge of business strategy were successful, there woul be no need to by Chiron vaccines, mess it up and then sell it. This failed strategy is now being repeated with Alcon.

It is best to join those that have already jumped ship. The idea of a career and financial reward based on Merritt an illusion.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The turnover rate in the MSBU has to be around 40%... Industry wide in former manager positions, in office, having worked at Biogen, your RD or vp of sales would have serious questions if you were even close to that. Here, they don't care. In their minds it's the system that's successful not the reps....plug any mindless rep into the position and they too will succeed...... Top down micro managing marketing, values/behaviors, reach / frequency, big primary pharma approach is why Gilenya is a distant 2nd.... But you can't blame them, it's all they know. They are marketing people in the white tower, no one questions, don't rock the boat and keep it as business as usual.....when in doubt...blame sales... Can't wait to leave here...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

High attrition rates are signs of:

1. Lack of meaningful work
    2. Poor leadership
    3. A statistical anomaly in the workplace, where people cannot adapt to the performance requirements of the company's culture
    4. Combinations of the above

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot two more:

Pushed out due to not being a conformist to dysfunction
    Perceived as a threat due to being better than your boss

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, but both fit under the category of poor leadership.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My biggest concern is the age demographics in leadership...The report that was sent out detailing the ages of employees shows that the company is getting very old

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know why you find this surprising. This is a job that is for the old. An ambitious person in their 20's or 30's would have no interest in getting into an industry that is on the rapid decline to oblivion. Only the older reps are hanging on hoping to make it to retirement, all others have gone to better things.