interview process

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by Anonymous, Aug 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard it's brutal, can anyone give me insight? What to expect etc? Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want someone to tell them how great they are and, will do what they are told. I know that sounds negative but it's true. If you have relationships with your customers, that will help some too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The process in a joke! Panel interviews with people who think they are high and mighty!
    Even non-managers involved; it is a mess. HR really needs to reign it in!!!!!!!!

These are the facts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do research on the organization. Read as much as you can on the medication you will be selling and its competition. During some of the interviews you may have to discuss a clinical reprint, etc...They want to make sure you can verbalize the outcomes in a clear and concise manner. Be on your A game because its that type for place, not a Mickey Mouse pharma company. It is a great place to work and they treat you with respect and dignity, which is hard to find.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, I appreciate it

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact of the matter is that the hiring manager usually already has a preferred candidate and they make everyone jump through hoops to make you feel like you have a chance. Same holds true for internal candidates as well as external candidates. One of the most political companies you can interview with. If you haven't called 20+ reps in the region to get their input on working there, you don't have a chance.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are going against an internal candidate you have no chance!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And of course how would a candidate know that?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish this were true.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it's not, what is?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After you called and played the BS game of calling everyone on the team and then some you still do not land the role....It will be interesting when karma comes to those folks that have screwed many solid internal candidates!!!!

HR really needs to evaluate the whole panel interviews and the process itself; it is really poor for a company that touts itself as a top company to work for....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually that isn't true in numerous cases.....I lost out to externals for two positions over the years and got crap for feedback though they're supposed to give "honest" input. It's a crap shoot here since this is an elitist organization.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All window dressing. Position is filled before posted. If you are not the "chosen one", spend time looking at other companies. And as the saying goes.....be careful for what you ask for, you may get it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen brother/sister! As one who left over the past year, I really wanted to stay but found it easier to get a job with better pay (though the other benefits weren't as good) elsewhere. I'd still consider coming back for the right opportunity but doubt that will happen

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need to have many examples for each strength you bring...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that its multi interviews depending on what area you are going for...anyone have any experience interviewing for lytics openings?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Be an internal candidate.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, thanks!...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at hepatology, being an internal doesn't help much...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Other than what are your strengths, what type of questions do they ask in the panel interview? How many people on the panel? Thanks