Management opportunities?

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While interviewing for a sales position the hiring manager for Purdue discussed the many opportunities that are available at Purdue. This manager further shared that they had less than 3 years experience in pharma sales when Purdue promoted them to management... Is this the norm? I can't imagine anyone being promoted to management with that little sales experience.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are possible....if you are one of the boys. They quickly pick favorites and if you are not one of term you are basically screwed. By the most people are not of of the "boys". Think twice about coming here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you want to come work at this hellhole? Have you not read the other threads?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well then why did you come to work here then fuckface? Are you saying you are just a dumb fuck? LOL

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently left... Don't believe the bs about becoming a manager or other opportunities. They are NOT here. Poster above is correct if you do well you will get recognized and potentially moved into management. Let me share how one does well here... Steal Dr's from other territories or just hide them from the rep who should have them. Sell off label or just sell yourself. Lie and lie some more. Even if you are unemployed... Don't take this job!! Crazy place with a horrible culture of backstabbing, stealing, lying and cheating.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is right on! I've left recently too.... Best decision I've made in a long time.... And at one point I thought I was so fortunate getting a job here. My life has never been so miserable in my life... So sad! There are better opportunities.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those who succeed here are not the best sales reps they are the sleaziest reps. Purdue is a horrible place to be. They treat you like you will do something wrong. I found that to be so funny when most of the upper management are the jerks who got this company in grave trouble to begin with... And yet they act like they did nothing wrong with ill promoting of OxyContin. The weirdest culture I have ever seen and I am so happy to be out of here!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true and the sleaze and hiding/stealing doctors is all because they have a way of doing sales history that leads to this underhanded BS. So many of these type of things need to get fixed but never will.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accurate. It will never be fixed. The sleaze will find a way here, perfect place for sleaze to be is at Purdue. Never seen anything like it in my life!! It is not normal here! Not one bit... The double dipping, the slutty females who are mentioned in co workers divorce settlements, sleeping with Drs.... Get out while you have some dignity left!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, true statements. I left years ago, and hated dealing with the politics, the stupid extra work that did nothing to boost sales, and the totally incompetent managers. I did enjoy working for Purdue four times a year - when I received my bonus!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TRUE ! It takes the average rep about 2-3 years to figure out the system. And after that you either become the "screw er" or the screw ee.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have witnessed this first hand in the short time I have been here. I consider this statement to be very accurate.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here 7 years and this is a very true statement.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a messed up place to work!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fairly new to Purdue but have seen reps with just a couple years tenure get promoted doing exactly what is mentioned in this post. Very shady.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My question, why would anyone want to deal with all the BS managers have to do?? No time to coach and develop or increase sales..........too busy with micro managing bs.......

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Egos maniacs who like to boss people around for a power trip.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And no big pay increase! I don't get it!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many things I don't understand here...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go work a Union job then where the if the "boss" doesn't like you - will proceed to kick your ass at a bar and then get YOU fired.

don't be such a poossie