Biggest downsizing/layoffs in co. history

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WIth the announcement of the new consolidated corp structure, Pfizer will have the biggest downsizing in corp history.

The Plan is to consolidate specialty and primary care. The only divisions not effected is Oncology and Vaccines. All other specialties that are 1 product divisions will be merged by March 2015. (MS, ENDO, AI, Hemophilia, Inflammation will merge together)-- MS doesnt have a product in Dec, AI products will move to generic/establish division, Hemo doesnt make any money, and the Xeljanz inflammation division is way under performing for a blockbuster drug status and need to move Wyeth reps out and upgrade talent.

Primary Care will move all products to a contract sales force model given PC doctors decision to prescribe products is payer base, not rep or product itself. This CSO model will deliver the same results given reps have little impact with results in the PC market, at the same time save the company multi millions from salary (pc cso reps avg 35-40k yr--so $100million a yr savings just in salary) as well as from not paying Obama healthcare costs, and retirement costs. A select few pfizer PC specialty reps will be placed to call only on therapeutic specialty physicians. (bottom line Pfizer like most companies are getting out of the primary care product business in the US and turning to more of a biotech/specialty product company where more profit exists-- every earnings report those products loose money and the RD pipeline doesnt have true PC products; its all specialty products.)

As a shareholder these moves will boost the stock price as profits will increase with massive operations expenses reduces while supporting resources to drive core products with the greatest profit margins. For employees it is going to be a massive change, but for those who stay it will be very rewarding with the stock price soaring--- and that's the CEO job is to increase stock price. THis is the model that will do it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this conjecture or something you have actually heard? Thanks for the clarification.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have NO life to just have time to sit around and make up such detailed info. Idiot

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes but if you look at it objectively, it does make sense. However, having a third party consultant company handle this on a widespread scale is closeminded and will lead to exactly what you say. Primary care doctors are getting frustrated with pharma because of constant change. Pfizer claims that it tries to maintain relationships but there is nothing further from the truth. Why not actually ask a DSM or even a RM about large accounts or rep relationships, especially where reps are driving business, I have been a rep in one form or another for the past 15 years. There are physicians who will push for my drug approval and go the extra step because there is a relationship I am currently outpacing my district and the region with my Eliquis numbers because physicians I have called on are receptive to ME. They trust me and we have had a long standing relationship. Eliquis is no easy sell. They complain about the hurdles they sometimes face but they still tell me that they are doing it for me. It is the same way with reps I know who call on cardiology, urology and orthopedics. If you say we are transparent then why don't you ask fror real feedback from the field. I have ridden with new reps and had the doctor complain that there is no point in TRYING to establish a relationship when represesntatives are changed every few months or a year. Take a physician poll and you will find that you may gain in the short term but lose in the long run. You can only make money by cutting costs for so long. At some time you have to actually sell something. I know that there are still reps here tht are wasting money and only aim for signature collection. There are, however many that take this job seriously and try to forge relationships. Remember, people buy from who they like.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well...yes.
    But you HAVE to be an idiot if you're still working for Pfizer at this time. A total idiot.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the original poster is dead on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you are saying we are all safe until 2015?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, at least until Thursday November 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I'm not saying that...I'm just saying don't believe crap like the OP. NOBODY knows right now what is going down...if anything. Just keep working we will find out soon enough.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based off history...... There have been layoffs the last umpteen years within Pfe. Our leadership over promises and under delivers to wall street. As the quarters tick by they try to figure a way to cut expenses. IE LAYOFFS! WE meet the street expectations at year end. This year is no different! Who is it going to be this year???????????

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's 'lose' not 'loose'. you almost sounded smart.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were sized right all last year until December. Start networking now and don't act so shocked this December.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't tolerated the uncertainity get out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I get certainty Pfizer will get certainty! Until then I will be on the Golf Course if you need me!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post#4:

I hope your doctors are writing to improve the lives of patients and not " for you!"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are obviously not in the business because if you were, you would know that Doctors can do both. It comes from trusting the person they are talking with and not choosing a generic that is simply cheaper and preferred by an entity like CVS.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a stupid comment. The day you leave Pfizer and don't have free samples or lunch for the office, they won't remember who you are. Seen it countless times over three decades. Don't mistake your access for "personality power", its based freebies the Corporation provides through you or the next rep with one week experience.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, not in the business. You would know that there are no "freebies" available. There are face to face meetings that are built on trust and the knowledge that there are reasons to use brand name products like ours. Why don't you go to a website that caters to your expertise...maybe vinyl windows?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physicians have no loyalty to reps or their products. You are only as good as your drug and when another better one comes along............there they go.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would hope the physician WOULD abandon my drug if another came along that was clinically superior. Or at least put mine in a place where they could use it. It isn't personal, it is for the patient. If it is a better drug I would encourage them to use it. But in reality, how often does a clearly "better" drug come along? Head to head studies are a thing of the past. It still goes back to trust. When a clearly better drug comes along, tell them the truth. They will respect you for your honesty.