Las Vegas/CA Inland Empire Managed Care Landscape

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Am looking at relocating to either Las Vegas or California Inland Empire region for a Specialty Pharma sales position. Can anyone shed some light on the managed care landscape in these areas? I see that San Bernardino filed for bankruptcy and only Detroit is worse off financially and unemployment wise.Nevada has no state income tax so that's a plus. How stable are pharma jobs in these markets? Is HCP access restrictive? Thanks for any insights!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Las Vegas is a mess. The foreclosure rate has been immense.

Inland Empire: high Medi-Cal (Medicaid), strong medical groups (such as Beaver MG) control the area.

Weather is hot and dry.

You sure you want this rosie environment?!

Think this through!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of the country do you currently live?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Las Vegas controlled by 2 major insurance players for the most part.

Living in Inland Empire is gross. I'm snobby but it is gross. Beach cities cal them 909 ers. I can pick them out when we stay down at the beach.

Las Vegas used to be a great place but it is becoming like any large, crappy urban city with unemployment and bad schools (if you have kids).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN! Do not walk, do not pass go and whatever you do "DO NOT" get into this industry.

The future is uncertain at best and do yourself a favor and get some sort of tech job for any kind of software sales and build from there for a real future.