We keep hearing about IS..what is your opinion on fate of PC in next few months??

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With recent announcements what is your prediction on PCBU?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bye, bye, Miss American Pie. Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry.
    Good luck and buckle in!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't want to hear this but:

PCBU will be almost entirely transitioned to CSO
    IS will be converted at 10% to EPBU, the rest cut
    Vaccines will be converted entirely to CSO

the only remaining full time PFE reps will be in Onc, Inflammation, Rare Disease and associated SAM/KAM

transformational shift coming

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a complete dipshit.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Transformation shift is an understatement. DBMs are no longer needed and will be cut in half (minimum).

"Account Team" approach in major cities where there are large ACO's/IDS, etc.

KAMs will have oversight for the coordination of teams in these ACO's/IDS. Due to the number of KAMs Pfizer has, KAMs are going to be placed based on the last 2 years of performance. 1 KAM per state unless there are several large accounts in the state.

Teams will consist of several reps (covering all products) working together with the KAM. Incentives will be team and account driven.

Those DBM's who remain will be involved in only the coaching and administrative aspect of the team members. DBM's will also be aligned to several ACO/IDS teams. This is why the reduction in DBM's. It's the last 2 years performance (this year will not count).

Cluster 1 and 2 SHR's will remain (Relationships, BMS contract Pain products). PHR's in cluster 2 will be be thrown into the pool with cluster 1, 3 and 4 PHR's to determine who remains to sell those products that don't go to Contract Sales. In rural areas where there are independents, all clusters will be thrown into a pool (good luck).

RBD's are not needed in their current role and can expect significant role and scope changes. RM's will take on more responsibility with less geography. Several RM's will report into 1 RBD. RM's will have all ACO/IDS and all revenue responsibility for all products in their assigned geography. KAM's and DBM's will report into RM's. Streamlined.

This is the only model that can meet the needs of the changing Health Care environment. We all knew it was coming.

Specialty will also be members of the same team working the ACO's/IDS. PCP DBM's and Specialty DBM's covering the same geography is another reason for significant DBM reduction. DBM's in both Specialty and PCP will be slotted.

Summary;

1 RBD = Several RM's = a few states = many ACO's/IDS = KAMs and DBM's = Individual ACO/IDS team members = all products = smaller geography.

Teams; 1 Pain, 1 Cardiovascular, 1 Rheumatology, 1 Oncology, 1 Vaccines, 1 Rare Disease, etc, aligned to an ACO/IDS, KAM and DBM. DBM is the filter for the KAM B/W sales and C Selling.

Good luck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So PC C1 cuts or not? And when will this all be announced?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok now we have something credible on this stupid website! How does IS fit into this restructuring? Thanks for posting!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So vaccines is going contract?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This does seem legit. If it is, please share with us when this will all come down?? So sick of these annual cuts.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Decent guesses, but missing some meat.

Why are we splitting into three new operating groups? Based on your premise, it seems useless. You forgot to account for the changes in your model. Why divide into 3 (really two) groups and have everyone cross organizational lines to promote other drugs. And who do the KAM's report to? Will one of Geno's Reps report to a KAM who reports to John or the other group leader (susan?)

Also, the CIA required greater company oversight of the sales force. Are you assuming we won't honor the agreement?

And that whole bit about throwing C1,2,3,4 into a pool seems far fetched as well. Are you forgetting how past downsizings occurred. Pfizer will not risk an interruption in the Lyrica brand. Nor can it risk the potential income stream from Eliq or Xelj.

I think what you'll see is large cuts to Cluster 1 bag, combining the remaining Cluster 1's and 2's. No change in 3, and Cluster 4 is gutted.

Changes I've described will allow for a reduction in management so that could happen.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mention "no interruption in Lyrica brand" and then "large cuts to C1"?? Wouldn't that interrupt the Lyrica brand?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only time a KAM has gotten in front of c-suite is when the rep. gets the appt. for them

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, decent guess, but the guess doesn't involve "Women's/Men's health" and that was clearly stated as a part of the 3 business unit structure that Ian referenced in original email.

I think they are going to "gut" the PC field force and transition to CSO, but they are going to do it methodically each year as to get as much as they can from the legacy field force for the company stock holders.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "credible post" was mine. Specialty and PCP are merging and this is 1 of the 3 business units moving forward. I provided you information for this unit only.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

timeline on when it will be announced??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an old concept which Pharmacia piloted years ago with teams focused ariund managed care. RM had responsibility for key players in the accounts and team drove business based upon access and need. It worked well but company abandoned for another flavor of the month. Incentive was team based. Am sure someone is taking credit for what they think is new and novel. Upper management needs to talk to its people. Once again, an old concept

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was referring to the pool suggestion. Throwing all clusters in a pool is the issue I have. Continuity of promotion will be maintained. I believe the importance of Lyrica and Celebrex will be heavily weighed. Cluster 1 head count will be lost, but Pfizer will try to keep current Lyrica Reps in place (just fewer of them). I don't see the loss of 1 of 3 reps calling on the same PC Provider hurting the income potential from Lyrica.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make the assumption you were exposed to all the information. Try working the algorithm with the following.

It's not going to be the same, however it will have characteristics that shadow the past. In the old concept there was no digital marketing or multi-media. The new model is a paradigm shift for all of us. Look at the job postings in this industry. Other companies are already catching on. The answer is right in front of you and it's been slowly working it's way into our culture.

Question; is it possible to launch a 3rd, 4th or 5th to class drug without a sales force? We work in a technology rich driven environment? Advancements in technology provide significantly more cost effective methods to launch a drug. Human resources investment on me too drugs is about to change.

Do you know of any drugs recently launched at Pfizer without a Sales Force?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regardless, format is very similar to the past had ELT been wise enough to include their people in the decision making process better changes would have happened years ago. Despite all the new technology the interaction with the customer is the key. I do not think ELT has a clue and has led to the decay of Pfizer. Came from the Pharmacia side and was never impressed with how they ran business