Message from a former high executive with Alcon

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former high up executive with Alcon/Novartis and I feel compelled to let the sales force know the truth to what has happened the last 3 years.

1. Goals are high on purpose. We know by putting out high goals we can decrease our labor costs and maximize profits. The stock keeps going up for this reason, higher profits and decreased labor costs.

2. R+D hasn't been what we hoped. We aren't getting out anything new and valuable, expect more labor cuts because of this.

3. Covering costs. When Novartis purchased Alcon they wanted to get a quicker return on their investment. Higher product costs and decreased labor obligations helped achieve that.

4. Surgical is overpaid. Novartis executives don't understand the value of the surgical
    Division, they think like pharma if the rep leaves the business stays.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, management thinks anyone is replaceable and the machine won't miss a beat. Be careful we were planning future cuts!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting, but, nothing earth shattering.
    if you don't have your resume out there, you are an idiot. alcon isn't what it once was. it's still the 800 lb gorilla, but, there are now better companies w/ equal products and better pay and management out there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But everything is so great.....the national sales meetings were so fun according to management and the ignorant people.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It could be worse... You could be in Allergan eye care. That place is at least in as bad shape if not worse.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL that's quite an insightful message from a former exec!

You're all losers. Pharma, surgical, bla bla bla. All losers. You're not real business people. You live in a bubble. Everyone wants out of that bubble who's in it and no one wants in that bubble.

Good luck creeps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is actually one of the more accurate and sane posts I have seen on this board. I agree with all the above. To add to it, the only people left are those with golden handcuffs and those that are too afraid to get a better job. Oh, there are those that were born and raised in Ft. Worth suburbs that think Uncle AL is still going to take care of them. LOL! Take charge of your career!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuts coming next week in VC

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was at optometrist today, they said they had not seen their Alcon rep in over a year, never get sample lens and the company is a sad shadow of former self, the Alcon name has been permanently damaged by Novartis changes, what a sad demise.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original poster is correct.....the time is near....very near

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why all the false rumors about downsizing?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a false rumor. Cuts coming after 1st quarter payout.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which division is this supposed layoff going to affect?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now you know…

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Novartis bought Alcon they thought they were getting eye care, the laser, the surgical suite and a new IOL. We'll, the IOL got killed last year and I don't think the equipment is flying out the door. They thought they would be making more money, but we're just sputtering.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct, everyday a senior person stays at Alcon we become less relevant in the marketplace as the debacle is out and we who are here are left holding the accountability bag. Not as many suspects to blame anymore and it is no secret it is a sinking ship. I can't be the only one who gets multiple calls from recruiters each week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At this point all high executives at Alcon are former....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FW IOL

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been hearing the same thing; the buzz is that all of IOL Development is getting moved to HWV starting July 1 and ending in October. So massive layoffs.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is IOL?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HWV?