Cardinal Health Offer Help

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I am a current college student looking at places to work. I have an offer from Cardinal Health. Some of the reviews here are a little disheartening. I am a Finance major. Does anyone have any advice for me? Yes / no to Cardinal and why or why not? How are the opportunities for advancement within Finance? Is this a good place to start a career?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job and share in the suffering. Make sure you apply for Food Stamps, too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i find it funny that an alleged college grad knows about cafepharma and posts on here, you are full of shit like GB, DC and MK

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of finance people with experience let go recently, so if job not in Ohio take care. Good new CFO. Hope they get more diverse...very white male oriented at top of org.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a real student. I am not an ex employee. I don't know what an ex employee would have to gain. I found this forum searching for reviews of Cardinal Health. I have offers from Abbott, Cardinal, and GE Healthcare. I understand that I have not experienced the real world (other than internships) so I do not know the true meaning of certain things. I know that there have been layoffs. I read about the loss of the Walgreen's account. This would be in Finance rather than sales or anything else. You can believe me or not but I am truly trying to get an opinion rather than speak to an HR employee who shoves glitter and great career hopes down my throat. I am really wishing to hear the positives and the negatives. Does the EMERGE program not provide any benefit at all?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you don't want glitter from HR, but you seem to not grasp all the issues with cardinal posted in these forums... ok then...

Just accept the job Cardinal is offering you... enjoy!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice.....Abbott, Cardinal, and GE are great companies, you can't go wrong with any of those options. I'm not saying they are ideal places to work, but great companies that look good on a resume.
    I would take the best offer of the three and go with it. It's not as though you are going to stay here for the rest of your working career. Get some experience, find out what you like or don't like and move on in a few years if it isn't for you. Good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, MK!

....but the truth is, CAH is a great investment, not a great place to work, unless you are MK, DC, or their sycophants

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate the help. I do understand I likely won't make a career out of my very first job. I do want to make the best decision though. The companies are all healthcare but function very differently. It will definitely be a tough decision. Thank you for your help.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't take the nastiness personally. As you can see by the posts, CAH has been in a bad place the last few years, and we have all seen colleagues and friends treated very badly. There are limited opportunities for advancement. If you take the job, but sure it's in Dublin. There is no doubt that McGaw is on its way to closing, so long term it won't be around. The Emerge program is good for a college grad. You rotate through several areas, and can make great contacts. Like everything, you get out of it what you put into it. Pay is only average to below average. Your challenge is that you would be joining a company that has been severely damaged. Senior leadership is not trusted or respected. Resources have been slashed, employees are exhausted from the burdens of unrealistic amounts of work, and everyone is burnt out. The only motivation you will find is a motivation is to find another job. It's a depressing place. No one believes leadership has any strategic vision other than what will line their pockets, and no concern about the damage left in their wake - as long as they get their bonuses. They are no looking long term - but short term. There are some really good people here, but even the goods have finally realized this is a sinking ship.

I always used to recommend CAH to friends and good people, but no more. If I were in your shoes I would seriously consider GE Healthcare. They are a great company - tough, but with a good reputation in the industry which looks good on a resume. Long ago CAH lost their good reputation and now it is very tarnished. Don't believe HR. They are desperate to fill positions - think about why they have so many open positions. Good people are leaving in droves, and many more will soon follow. Start your career with a winner - sadly, that is not CAH. Best of luck.