consultant, territory sales-Medical products?

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anything you can tell me about this position? Comp, benefits, reputation etc.? I'm assuming Medline is a major competitor? thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medline is major competitor, yes. Good company, not great, to work for. Base with commission maybe 75k first year but you will be stabilized at target pay for maybe 6 months. Good benefits. New Medical Products VP is a class act and well liked by the Team. Where is opening?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response. Stabilized at target pay for maybe 6 months? What does that mean? Territory is Chicago and central illinois. I was quoted around 70-75k comp. HR made some comment about your base being 60% of your quota etc. it was pretty confusing. Any other insight you can provide? Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If manager is JD, don't do it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Recruiters and HR are idiots. Good luck

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can you elaborate on why?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for this company in the med division for 6 years. Total shit show. Your comp is literally NEVER going to make sense. Cardinal is a company based on bureaucracy and screwing its sales people over. It has no direction. Medline would be a better fit for this type of product and sell. I left for a better opportunity, less frustration, and more money and couldn't be happier. Unless you are right out of college and really need the job, I would recommend passing on it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree about the sentiments on the Cardinal position, but don't agree Medline is a better place to be. Was with Medical for a few years and got out when the money dried up. Good Luck

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke this company is! The HR people are rude and never get back to you!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am merely comparing like-to-like in this example. If you want to sell commodity disposables, Cardinal is not the place to do it, Medline would be a better choice. However, there are many more device companies that have much more interesting and lucrative products to sell.