DUI - Background Check

Discussion in 'Aventis' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there anyone here with a DUI? Can I get thru the background check?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some companies will hire you just not this one.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a DUI and have been checked and hired. It all depends on how recent the DUI violation is and what the company guidelines are. If it is within a few (3 -5) years most insurance companies (company car) will red flag you. Check you own driving record within your state and see what comes back. Some states have DUI's removed after a number or years others never go away. You can find DUI on other than on driving records like court records etc. It depends on how deep they dig. Most only check to qualify you for insurance coverage.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you the female DM from the Takeda board? Sounds like you either got fired, or your making plans for your next move. Good luck, you will need it. Nobody will hire you for at least 5 years. Should have thought about that before you got behind the wheel.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i laugh at all the lame shumucks who get a DUI.....hahahahahahahaha

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haywood Jablowme? is that you?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's a lot of stupid fucks out there trying to get a pharma job. It's hard to weed through them all. A DMV check is a simple way to get rid of the worst of the worst.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5 years to 7 years

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT LIKELY. ONE OF OUR DISTRICTS INVENTIVE REPS WAS FIRED WHEN THEY CHECKED HIS DRIVING RECORD. IT WAS A SHAME THEY DIDN'T CHECK IT BEFORE HE WENT ALL THE WAY THROUGH TRAINING AND WAS OUT ON TERRITORY.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong

You can be hired if it's past 5 or 7 years--a few companies only 3 years.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surgical Principals will hire you. They will treat you like crap, but it's a paycheck . Worth a try.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+ this

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Worst of the worst"-you righteous prick. Everybody makes mistakes. If you drink socially, 90% of you have driven a vehicle with a bac >.08. The guy/gal with the DUI got caught-it can happen to anybody who drinks. I'm not advocating you drink & drive and take your chances, but it happens. Get over your righteous self. 5 years is long enough to carry the burden of a DUI-as long as you've learned your lesson. If you drink & drive & injure or kill somebody, you should be punished to the full extent of the law! If it's been 5 years since your infraction & you've learned your lesson, then you should be afforded another chance.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And plenty of stupid fucks working in pharma. What are you bringing me for lunch on Monday? LOL.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry. If it comes down between two candidates for the same position and one gets a DUI, guess who gets picked!

Sure, it could happen to anyone......but it doesn't happen to everyone. You took the chance, you got caught, you don't have any right to decide how long it follows you. You know who gets to decide? The company that is taking the risk by providing a car for you. It may not sound that fair to you.....but oh well. I hope you had a good night drinking that night! Cheers!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had a great night drinking-10 years have elapsed & I'm back in the game, with a great gig. Heck, I could be your teammate. We've probably had a drink together & you actually liked hangin out with me-get over yourself. You'll need a 2nd chance someday.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG After 7 years , all pharma will hire you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a dui 2 years ago and they hired me, it was my 1st offense not sure if that means anything. I had to explain it in the background check but no biggy.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I damn near flipped my car one night while driving home drunk from a party. Did a 180 spin on the freeway. If it had been snowing, I would have been dead on the spot. That was 14 years ago. I didn't get a DUI since the freeway was empty that night. I haven't driven drunk since then. That taught me a serious lesson. Man, that was some party. I hooked up with some fat chick just because. Don't remember what she looked like or what her name was. Thankfully I had a condom on. In any case, don't drive and drive. And wear a condom when having a one night stand. Those were the days......