Is Prostrakan changing its strategy to women's health?

Discussion in 'Kyowa Kirin' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company seems to be hiring sales management with women's health, not oncology experience. What's the deal? Is the company moving into women's health and away from oncology??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows what the deal is? Friends of Gary, Friends of John, now Friends of Len.
    Whatever. Just flavor of the year. Just glad to see Japan is finally positioning itself operationally for once.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its ground hog day all over again, we've go a new set of management, who dont know oncology, going back to relaunching the drug, not realizing everything they are doing has been done before with mediocre results. I give LP about a year he willl be another short lived prostrakan employee along with all the cronies he brings along.
    The japanese guy will be watching for the next 5 years. Best thing anyone can do is fire CH, she has been the worst thing this company has seen since it began. Please someone in japan, scotland or anywhere in the world fire CH, its the only chance you have to improve sales. If you dont you might as well fire the Japanese guy and make her CEO, because right now she is running the company into the ground with all the best intentions.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never thought I would say it, but it might be nice to have someone like Merck buy us. WTF??? yes I said it. So we could position Sancuso and Emend and take on Eisai H2H when they launch NEPA.

Better yet, with a true clinical department, truly intent on helping patients and driving sales, the BP company could formulate a combo patch containing granistetron and aprepitant both delivered in a continuous release transdermal delivery.

Then and if NEPA ever came to market who would care?? BFD

But alas that will never happen, although the above play book could yield untold millions in revenue and help many patients.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sane? Are you rational? Yes, to both. You have my support in changing to win versus change for change sake. This out of the box will grow our box, or at the bare minimum, stimulate some competition. Let's compete, not just play in a game.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Friends of Gary W - got it. Friends of Len - obvious. Friends of John? Who are we talking about? Higgy only hired 2 people from a past life - Sue and Jeff K. Sue has an oncology background and Jeff earned his job as a consultant first and then did a pretty decent job expanding managed care coverage. Everyone hired under John had to have a successful oncology record.

So when is "flavor of the year" justification to hire sales management without oncology experience in a company with oncology products and an oncology pipeline? What customer relationships can they leverage? What am I going to learn from a manager without oncology and without ever setting foot before in a cancer clinic? How to sell better after being on this for >3 years? Nothing but maybe how to get my call reports and expenses in on time.
    See ya!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First point, you must have forgotten Steve E. also hired by Higgy. SE then hired TS. That was a deadly combo which precipitated the demise of a strong team with great reps leaving faster than any could have thought possible.

Second point, 100% agree. Oncology companies should be staffed with people who generally have Oncology experience, one would think right? But we are talking about PSK USA, so keep that in mind. Nothing surprises around here any more.

Will LP get the job done, that is the question. Otherwise if you don't like the flavor, just wait for its certain to change.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LP is a joke, he has NO ideal about the oncology market, he sold a fricking birth control pill. He hires sales managers who are clueless, get doctors and nurses pissed off in accounts and know nothing about the product, hell they haven't even gone through training. So how in gods name can they expect us to learn, be motivated, and ask for any support. Two managers left within in weeks, and the doors keep spinning and people at the company are looking to get the hell out..........................I hope to hell Japan sees this guy for what he is worth............NOTHING

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Japan needs to cut back in ProStrakan's home office, CH would be a wonderful start, who needs a lawyer, the company isn't doing anything, it would be cheaper to have HR handle compliance. Legal can be outsourced or handled by Scotland.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, no question Higgy made the worst mistake hiring Steve E., but once he realized he had a back-stabbing clueless primadonna who couldn't motivate the salesforce, and relied completely on TS and DB to do his work, he canned him. Higgy also wanted to axe TS within a couple of months of SE hiring her, after seeing that she didn't have a clue about how to read or generate a sales report, had the facts about the IC plan f--ed up, and generally couldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it. Oh and needless to say, never left her house. So agreed, yes, a deadly combo that should have ended a lot sooner

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well they are gone and now GA came in promised everything would be better and we would have stability...............................RIGHT.....................so he hires LP the Primary Care VP and he rides with everyone, "learning" the market place..........RIGHT, what does he do, he picks and chooses what territories he is going to eliminate because he knows that what he promised about making our goals ISNT going to happen. He is paranoid and knows that the clock is ticking................Just like at WC; were he was fired, he didn't resign and the same crap he did over there he is doing here.

Now we are going to have these Primary Care 101 pocket meetings were he is going to teach us how to sell.................the only thing he worries about is making your calls, putting them into your IPad, and transmitting..............how Primary Care is that?

I feel like I am back in Kindergarten; taking a nap, having milk and cookies and having mommy and daddy picking me up after school

This company has gone below the terrible and is just plan stinky...........

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LP is a zero.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me who LP reports to and who the person above him is as well? This is a serious issue.
    Thank you in advance!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He either reports to Tom Stratford or Gary Adams. Or actually maybe Cynthia. Why? Do you think they give a rat's ass about your complaint? Merry Christmas 'ya filthy animal!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are being way too kind. He is a cancer.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and he runs ALL the meetings! Let the managers run the meetings for Gods Sake!!!! A President running POA meetings? Really? It's all about control. Oh wait, the managers are his minions from WC, or wherever, who know NOTHING!!Except for SS of course who knows everything and would have NEVER been hired by LP- She actually has something to offer. And please tell me where the leadership is in MJ? OMG, did you see the performance at the National meeting? Where did he come from, rent-a-manager technical school??? USELESS in the scavenger hunt!!!!! By far the worst manager in the history of DMs, RSM's or whatever you call them. Role play, make calls, role play, make calls, role play, make calls. No ONC experience is required here and preferred by LP (HIS WORDS) It's reach and frequency products and everybody knows it! Prefers no ONC experience for an ONC specialty company? That's a great culture. Oh wait, experienced ONC reps have a higher salary!! That eats into profits so we can't do that............... field visit after field visit after field visit after role play after make calls after field visit after role play. Contests will keep people for a bit but the quality people will eventually leave...unfortunately. CHANGE THE CULTURE. IT STARTS AT THE TOP!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But look at the performance he is delivering.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Performance?

Hypothetically speaking you could eliminate the entire sales force, and there would continue to be a core of business generating 100% profits. But that doesn't mean we should crown him the next Jack Welsh.

Any ahole can make cuts, but who can create a culture?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company performance doesn't make people want to stay.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quality people are always leaving. More will go soon, now that "No deal is better than a bad deal"