What did you think of the DMs at the interviews?

Discussion in 'Regeneron' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought they appeared nice but two that i met on my panel were from Inventiv. Made me rethink that Regeneron is going second rate. Then I met mostly unemployed pharma reps and device reps. not what I expected.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know the west coast manager from a previous company?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much are they offering DMs

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

recent reports have not been real positive on the drug, more data needed to really displace statins. So have fun trying to sell it in the current environment- By the way Regeneron is going to fail. Doctors will quickly dismiss this- They are lazy and really not interested in the "game changer" all of you will try to pawn as the next best thing-

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I met a few with more than 2 decades of non pharma. I was like, what ???

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly you know nothing about biologics.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manager I interviewed with has spent the last few years as a manager at Chic Fil A. How does this kind of shit happen?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 23 years of management experience ( Director, DM, Managed Care Exec ) with big Pharma. 12 of those years specifically launching 1st in-class cholesterol products in my state.

Applied for DM position with Regeneron and did not even get a phone screen. Later applied for FAS and was rejected due to "not enough self injection experience".

My family and friends say that anything this ridiculous is probably a blessing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a blessing. Nothing about this process has been professional. Thankful I backed out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the California manager? Is it he/she?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sold interferon for HCV, a self injection which is a biologic, for over 8 years and the recruiter at L Gaber said that this wasn't a biological, that enbrel and humira was more in line with what they want. Last time I checked, monoclonal antibodies weren't the only biologicals. Sounds like a shady hiring process

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very Shady hiring process . . . I have years of reimbursement experience with a biologic that is ordered through speciality pharmacy, I did a phone screen for a FAS spot and discussed this as Praluent will be ordered through the speciality pharmacy channel . . .I was told by some hag at Leslie Gaber that I they were not moving forward with me because the other candidate interviewed better than me . . . .I find out a few days later that this person chosen over me was a sales rep with no experience in access or reimbursement . . . .I've heard similar stories from a few others. I'm convinced they're purposely going after lesser talent so they don't have to pay much and less experience so they can dumb the whole process down for them. So disappointing.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TOTALLY AGREE!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are hiring a third party for reimbursements so the job is not going to be that taxing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I did interview with REgeneron but they saw my current salary and ball parked me at only $4,000 more . I mean really? insulting

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interviewed with NY DM, he has never carried the bag, neverbeen a manager, arrogant corporate finance guy. How did he get that job in biggest market in country? Tells you evrything you need to know. Good luck, avoid, would prefer Sanofi to him

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lone wolf here. how many people do they have selling this thing. Regeneron in hospital but Sanofi team there too and they are responsible for formulary while in the field there is also regeneron and sanofi. At the recent Cardiology conference(biggest and most respected of the year) the Amgen product seemed to be getting the advantage over regeneron. Not to mention the other product coming out that is once a month oral. It will be a dog fight between competitors, co-worker and pharma partners.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have more than 20 years management experience in Pharma/biotech industrial NFL experience with a daily self injectable. Been contacted by three different recruiters for the same DM spot since January. Phone screens go well then they push me on the self injectable part. I keep telling them that I have been leading a team with a self injectable for years and that I sold statins as a Merck rep. I also have a buy and bill product right now and tons of specialty pharmacy experience They want Humira experience. I am baffled. What is so special about this product? Obviously they can't fill the spot because they keep calling me. I am happy where I am so it's not a big deal but I thought this was very interesting. Would love to actually love to sit down for an interview.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know why spell check included "industrial NFL" in my post. Weird.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know I think this is the way companies are starting to hire now-a-days. They come up with some sort of formula for what they're looking for thinking they're going to get the "perfect" candidates and its going to be executed without a problem while the hiring managers are forced into this process by HR. Some spots will fall perfectly into the algorithm but many won't and you get this square peg round hole approach. The pharmaceutical business is a joke because of these sorts of games. Trust your management team to hire quality candidates and let them have normal conversations with them not this idiotic approach.