Why doesn't Purdue hire black people? Racist!!!

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's up with your company? Shameful.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We hire the best person for the job. Stop playing the race card. Just so happens the majority of the time, it's us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! It's actually the opposite here at Purdue. Believe me - you're at the advantage! Stop complaining! Maybe Purdue is actually hiring worthy minorities? Stop making the rest of us look bad. The only man holding you down is your damn self!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well they also don't promote women, it's a white man's world all over the world. My DM said he'd never hire another woman! Just white guys all the way.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think black people have the short stick and I'm Lilly white. The problem is, if they hired more blacks they'd have to follow proper employment rules because you won't take the shit they dish out and Purdue would be up for sanctions and all kinds of trouble. People just keep their heads down and don't make waves, play the game, check the box. Can you play in that world? The old boys network is just that, old white guys bringing up young white guys. Women and minorities not welcome here. BUT things may be changing a bit with the new management, let's hope so. Lots of talent potential .........

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS!!!!!!!!!!! Purdue has hired more women over the past 5 years than any other time. Minorities as well! I've ever been at interviews where women and/or minorities have been hired who were far less qualified.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True! My DM said the same thing no more women need apply & he'd never hire a person of color. Said he'd deny ever saying it but look at his track record: gets hired as manager and in 6 months a woman went on long term disability. Woman he hired for metro territory quit 3 months after hiring her. Woman in another part quit he said she was a huge problem & whiner. Woman with the company a long time threatened to call HR on him if he didn't quit naming her character every time he rode with other reps, then he went ballistic on the other reps for telling her what he said! Woman he hired to replace the metro rep lasted only a year. He kept belittling her. Woman quit after maternity leave. All these women had a problem with him or does he not see he's part of the problem? It is old boys club for sure in this great state!
    The other poster was right, there's very few black people hired here, but there are a few. IF you did get hired here, it would be a great experiment to do a spin like Eddie Murphy did in Trading Places!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recommended a kick ass minority male for a job opening in our district. This guy he'd had multiple president's clubs plus relationships galore in the territory. A long stellar history, real go getter and amazing results. DM didn't even interview him, hired his white friend.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I've had a similar situation with my DM. It's clear he does not like women, and I"ve suffered greatly dealing with his moody abuse. I feel like I"m on egg shells, never knowing when he'll turn on me or flip out. There's a cutting, sarcastic remark for everything and I know it's not a healthy situation but I need this job. My counselor recommended the book the Verbally Abusive Relationship. Nailed it. I can leave but frankly, he's really the one who should go. I don't think he pulls this shit with men.......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why doesn't Purdue hire admitted double dippers? Shameful! Apparently other companies do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true. Mgrs here at Purdue are incentivized to hire or promote candidates with the following "qualities":

Minority
    Female minority
    Military experience
    Minority and military experience

It's sad but true. It's an insult to our company, the people passed over and not hired or promoted but the people they use to check these boxes, even though most think they got these positions because of their "talent". The mid Atlantic region and the southeast region have fulfilled and continue to fill these tax shelters.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares?

Women and minorities can get better jobs that pay more at other places. I never understood this desire to fight for change at places that don't want to change. Why spend a decade being underpaid and under appreciated just to prove that your gender or skin color do not stop you from doing a good job?

Anyone being discriminated against can find better opportunities if they put in the time and look. Sure, it is terrible that Purdue discriminates. But that just makes the decision easier when it is time to look for a place to work. Value yourself for a change instead of working to be a cog in a machine. You waste all that time trying to fit in while others are working at other jobs and actually enjoying themselves.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about who Saeed has hired ? Are you kidding me? It's mostly women! This new management has put many women in top positions. I can't say whether they are qualified to be there or not but they are still there even after drunken escapades at multiple meetings so they must be doing something right!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jews tend to hire Italians.
    Got lots of wops here. Not sure if the Hebrew man has any grudge against the negroe but we do have a few present within the ranks of sales reps.

Sorry - I just being crass - we actually have a diverse group of employees. Discrimination exists everywhere sir. At every level and varies so much at any level of mgmt. my mgr, for example, tends to hire females, cute and amply endowed. He actually told me (in jest) he picks em like his grandpa picked out good heifers at a cattle auction. How s grandpas heifers needed to have a pretty head, good teeth, strong hips, and an ample milk supply.

I joke about it because discrimination while illegal, happens all the time everyday. and I, a white person may run into it as often as a black person when it come to employment opportunities. I have a very good black friend at Purdue and he is one of the finest men and sales rep within the company. And he is very good at what he does. Better than me by far. I also have another black friend who is a good guy but not such a good rep. I can say the same for white male reps females of any color etc.... Some of them are very good and some not. Race has nothing to do with whether someone is a good reps or not.

Would love it if racism didn't exist. It it always has and always will.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager said she would never hire a woman either.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Purdue doesn't hire old people, either.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does this surprise anyone at Purdue? Not only do they not hire minorities, but they hire and promote the most incompetent people. I guess they cannot have a subordinate more competent than they are, but the managers are the bottom of the barrel.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to see more Native Americans at Purdue.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TRUE DAT