Sanofi's Problem

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2015 at 6:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the problem with Sanofi. Ever since Sanofi took over Aventis, the Sanofi employment model has been in place. People wanting to do a specific job rotated through various other positions with a 18 month required stint. No one stays in a position long enough to become an "expert". Aventis had people in marketing that wanted to be in marketing, in sales training that wanted to be in sales training, managers that wanted to be managers and sales reps that wanted to sell and it worked! They had a passion for a specific job and did it very well for many years. With Sanofi, there are way too many people "doing their time" in critical positions then moving on. Not to mention the ones that have no business failing time after time after time!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sanofi has failed in all management leadership aspects. It's been a rough road of incompetence since the merger of sanofi and aventis in 2005. A blueprint of how to not run a company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more-----having been with Aventis before the merger, I have seen the changes first hand and it hasn't been positive. The Sanofi culture, or lack thereof, was increasingly forced into the day-to-day business of the new company and the end result was the smothering out of the last vestiges of Aventis culture---eventually to the point of dropping the name.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right. There's no value in diversity of experience. It's ridiculous to spend time in other departments so that you understand their role, processes, and priorities. Sure, it would help build your skills and collaborative abilities. Plus, expose you to more parts of the company, make you a well-rounded leader, and give you a network that would help you find solutions to all sorts of problems that may arise. But, how important is that? We really don't want people with skills, collaborative abilities, well-rounded leadership, and a great network do we? NO! We want single-minded robots that only know one area of the business who can only lead within their narrow scope of experience. That's how you build an empire!

Thanks for bringing this problem to light. Let's keep people within their business unit and never gain any diversity of experience, and all of our problems will be solved!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said it not me. What Sanofi has been doing is working fabulously!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't like the results, so you point out something else you don't like and assume that must be to blame. We could also say that the name of the company is as equally to cause. I mean, it was just named Aventis before, now it's Sanofi. Look at the results - we need to change the name back, right?

Newsflash: It's not 2004 anymore. Sanofi and Aventis have merged. Deal with it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the truth hurts! Must be that time of the month. Its past 3:00pm hope you did not forget to pickup the kids.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am literally rolling on the floor reading this. Yes all this stellar work from people that are well-rounded leaders that are busy networking and solving problems at Sanofi. Excuse me while I vomit a little into my mouth while simultaneously sharting my pants.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are uncontrolled vomiting and shitting in your pants leadership characteristics that you value?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget about Aventis and insults and all that. I think the OP is on to something here. We need experts in their field working for Sanofi. Diversity of experience is useful, but not as useful as expertise in a field. We need experts, not Jacks of all trades. It's not working, so something needs to change. Anyway, I do think that too many people at Sanofi are into their career more than practicing their craft. Way too much networking and not enough productive action, as opposed to process. A lot of incest here too. Sanofi bought my company too. Just my two cents.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sanofi is the worst run company in the industry. Sanofi has no leadership. The VP's and RD's are equally useless especially the RD's. Changing the name to RBL makes no difference as this is a useless layer of management. The HR department being a toxic department has been a major part of the problem but nobody in management has the corporate courage to do anything about it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, in other words, everyone in the company is terrible except for you? That's not a very self-serving position, is it? Why not try to get better at your own job rather than pretending to know what it takes to do someone else's.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's just all bury our heads in the sand and only worry about ourselves and our own departments. I'm sure that will breed a winning and successful culture!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK keep it as-is here and we'll keep getting the same results. Refusal to change. Typical sanofi. That's burying your head in the sand.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, people getting a diversity of experience is the root of all of our problems? Really?

And, the "change" you're talking about is going back to the way Aventis did things in 2000. Sounds like a GREAT plan!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can clearly see what the OP is saying. REGARDLESS of any "diversity" of experience you describe it is not making a difference in the day to day. And no one said to go back to the way Aventis did things in 2000. In fact, few would argue that one of the main problems is a lack of innovation in how things are done. The most pressing problem is that everyone buries head in sand and pretends all is well. And makes excuses. Just as you are doing in your posts. Address the problems. You don't need to make excuses. The original premise on this thread was that people run through their posts at Sanofi and do not stay long enough to be held accountable to any results. I agree this is an issue. Even if moving about leads to diversity of experience that diversity is not enough to make an impact. Perhaps if it were not the same 15 people playing musical chairs at home office...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you are the problem you silly goat lip

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bottom line folks!! No leadership. Sanofi management is inept and blames everyone else for their mistakes. Look at Afrezza! How could all these empty headed management morons not think of some of the objections this product will have. Ever think of a TV commercial to get the message across. Everyone who had a hand in strategy for launching , signing off on this product should be fired. For that matter anyone also with Auviq. That was completely handled like an abortion. Stop blaming field sales for management strategy and for lack of payer coverage. The same will happen with Praluent. If Praluent doesn't have coverage and sanofi doesn't play ball with PBM's this product will fail and field sales will take the blame again.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Thank you for your response. You got my point exactly. The negative responses to my post are all examples of what is wrong with this company as well. I pointed out one problem, not the only problem. Change has to be hard to make a difference. Unfortunately the company thinks changing peoples titles is a step forward. A District Manager is a DM, not a ABL, ABC, DEF, GHI or anything else. RBL, MDL might as well call them all HELL, because that is the track this company has been going and will end us if REAL things dont change.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen!