Best company to work for?

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Getting my Masters in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. Should be done by May 2016.

Have undergrad degree in Genetics.

Atlanta preferable, but location isn't as important as compensation, benefits, bonus programs, etc.

Which companies should I be looking at?

TIA.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at a company that will offer you a job. And you wasted your money. Pharma is filled with buffoons.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any company without Dr. Charley Horse Sang

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to determine your tolerance for risk, preference for lifestyle, willingness to bend your personality to fit the company culture, importance of payscale, desire for advancements, etc. then do the research to find where you might fit (objective measures) and then contact people who work within those companies, within that department, and get their perspective/opinions (subjective measures).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely not Novartis.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any west coast based company. Aim for Gilead, Genentech, Onyx

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis, Regeneron, Celgene, AbbVie, Pfizer

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valeant

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...PURDONT "Yesterday's drugs Tomorow"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joke right? I wouldn't touch this company with a 10 foot pole.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is definitely NOT Spark Therapeutics.... its worse than being a post-doc

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if your best attempt at intelligent decision making includes surveying CP, your best career days may already be over.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay away from Ferring
    They have no idea what they are doing

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer. LOL.

It looks good on the resume for 2-3 years, but it is not a good company anymore.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get into genetics. It's the future of medicine. Just make sure that the company is already public. The private ones are still floundering.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What people in Pharma don't realize is that having a large penis is a burden.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay away from DSI. The company is poison. It will suck out any passion or excitement you have for helping patients. People are leaving the company like crazy.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love Lilly!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have worked, Pfizer,Lilly,Adolor and Genentech... 30 years in the Industry.. I have an MBA..

Genentech by far is the best.. That being said, the interview process is over the top and you will be up against.... the best of the best..

Genentech hires more MBA's then the norm.. So you won't be that special..

Pfizer is Military, Lilly doesn't pay well and most reps I know are not happy.. Not much of a bonus either..

Good-luck.