Personality Test

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2015 at 7:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What weight do managers give to these?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We only consider the naivety factors.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its absurdity, and a bad reflection on a manager who will use these to screen experienced candidates, especially those who have proven track records. Some of the less savvy managers here are actually passing up top candidates.

Experience, track record and awards are now seen as having less relevance. You must score like a hungry, raging sales animal. If you have finesse, get sales through relationship building and business skills expect to score lower.

The truth is anyone who knows personnel interviewing knows these tests should be taken as a grain of salt. They're of minor to zero use for candidates who have a record of success.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A substantial resume trumps this test. Most managers blow it off unless the hire is unproven in the job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My boss says I need to take a personality test to get promoted. I have 25+ years with the company. Is this real or an excuse not to promote an older person?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are easy to beat…if you're taking a personality test for sales you answer the "I love being the life of the party" on the high end "I like to cuddle up and read a book on saturday night" on the low end. For management, anything that promotes harmony, teamwork, team building etc on the high end.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about: "I love partying with the JBI Boyz Klub and making jokes about people with disabilities."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a judgment call.