Good place to be?

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2015 at 10:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My husband makes bank, but I'm looking to make a little more than my current pharma company.

How is the culture here? Can I be home by 3 to pick up the kids?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darlin', you can pick up the kids at any time you choose!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubt it, unless you work in a large metro area with shitty access. These are PCP driven territories, about 5 times larger in geography than the average PCP territory in the industry. Pay is great for a PCP rep, but they work you like a dog and micro manage the hell out of you with metrics. Go work somewhere else if you want to be done by 3 everyday.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work you like a dog and micromanage you? You are kidding, right? Either you have never worked for a different pharma company (I doubt it because IRWD likes to hire tenured reps) or else you have one particular RSM who is a bit uptight. There are always some hassles at every pharma company. After all, that's why they call it work! I have worked for numerous pharma companies in my career and, relatively speaking, IRWD is the best option out there, hands down. The reps here work hard because they take PRIDE in being successful, not because some DMis cracking a whip. Metrics? There are metrics in every line of work and they are not nearly as bad here. Hopefully, it will stay that way. If you only want to work until 3:00, then go somewhere where you can go unnoticed in a pod. You will simply fall behind the rest of your region at IRWD because they are out there working hard and building a future billion $$$ drug.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you didn't get the job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That didn't even make sense. OP should just move on and not work here. It's a losing situation anytime you work for a company that's in the business of losing hundreds of millions of dollars every year like IRWD does.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you stay home and raise the kids then?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for some of the responses. No I don't. We have an Au Pair. But I like to get out and work a little. But let's be honest selling a constipation drug can't be very exciting. A few hours a day should be plenty. Don't you think?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An Au Pair has been linked to constipation on more than one occasion. When you finally do have to go, it can be very exciting!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh get over yourself. I'm not saying little wifey should stay at home. If one spouse makes "bank" why is the other working? Someone else is raising your kids. You want to get out of the house for a few hours? Being a rep is not changing the world. Stay home a guide your kids.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry your man doesn't make the money honey. I'm just looking for a little fun money on the side. Like you said these jobs are not changing the world.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your "man" actually made bank, as you claim, you wouldn't need a job for some "fun money". I'd say go volunteer and work for a charity like all the other trophy wives, but since you need a job for fun money, you actually aren't a trophy wife.

I'm sorry your husband doesn't make that kind of bank.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make me volunteer. He makes 1.3 million a year sweetie. What's your husband make lol!

I've made it to the final interview. Guess they like me! See ya soon!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always love it when 2 dudes respond back and forth to each other, pretending to be women. Sorry you didn't get the job.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah. The Autistic Parrot speaks again... "Sorry you didn't get the job."

I bet your sales suck.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you didn't get the job and you're stuck selling your crappy Takeda drugs. We past your crap drug in less than 3 years on the market. Lol. This Autistic Parrot out sold you!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eat another cracker, Autistic Parrot and Oxygen Thief.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It takes a big man to make fun of people with special needs. There is a special place in hell for people like you and karma is going get you for what you said.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like a lot of open position of late. Currently 8, I guess they cashed in their options and retired.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, CSS's are tired of taking it up the arse from Allergan, while being told misinformation from Home Office. IW is glorified contract reps. We have been getting shit on ever since we officially launched Linzess. It was nice up until then.