Valeant Here We Come....

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe a single word out of this guy's mouth today. Check out the Valeant board, this guy is bad news and is ruthless once he buys a company! Our only saving grace is that they don't have a dental sales force. We might be safe for now. How about the fact that he mentioned "as long as your numbers are good" three times on the call? Not a good sign of things to come...time will tell I guess.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm really excited to now sell a 30 year old product.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Warning: Get your resume out!

Mike Pearson

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone else find it suspect that this deal closed at 4am? Really? Can't seal it up during business hours? Or how about the additional royalties that Water St. will get if we hit certain financial goals. Like the $100 million goal they set for us at the March meeting perhaps???? I doubt this is a coincidence...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real simple; Valeant does not invest in products.
    They buy them, cut the costs way back, put them in their Barbados tax structure, and cash cow them.
    If Mike P thought the sales force was needed he would not be buying your company.
    Dentists already know they can make money on the product and the sales force is unnecesary.
    Nice work Janet!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be lucky if 50% of the sales force is kept. Home Office? Those poor slobs are guaranteed almost all will be cut. A select few will be kept for a short period while Valeant sucks their brains dry and puff, you are gone.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a warning from someone who went through the acquisition process with them. Everything written above is true. It was a NIGHTMARE!!! They layed off all but 7, YES 7 sales force members (out of 80 employees total). They are cold, make promises they don't keep. They won't put anything in writing. Don't get back to you.

GET YOUR RESUME OUT NOW AND START LINING UP A NEW JOB.

The acquisition was the WORST thing I have ever been through and I hope this company gets everything that they deserve in the end. They destroyed lives of hard working and dedicated employees.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What specialty area did you work in? Arestin will die if nobody is pushing it. They cut 50% of the sales force Arestin will be lucky to produce $40 million. Orapharma sales force is not going anywhere. Valeant has nobody calling on Dentists today and we are needed. Home office? Yes, I feel sorry as I expect many could be let go.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've been warned!

Please gird your loins!

Biovail

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree with this post. All of the other acquisitions were with medical sales not dental. If we were calling on medical doctors, I think we would all be gone. Its too expensive for him to train a whole new sales force on the dental space. I do think that he will probably realign things, scale things back maybe if he thinks it needs it. Arestin is not a drug that can be left alone in any territory which is a lot different than medical.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then how come the open territories are often near the top of the list?
    Dont take yourself so serious...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its called lower goals...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you serious? Orapharma has been underperfoming for a long long time. Thank God I left 6 years ago. Why are you still with this company? The writing was on the wall years ago. That's why anyone with half a brain left. Leaving this dog poo company was the best professional decision I've made. There are other companies out there in medical sales that sell more then one product. More products to sell = more money. I always felt that the Arestin sales force was lazy and boring. I just dont get how people can complain about the current situaiton at Water Street.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stage one: Denial

Stage two: Anger

Stage three: Acceptance

Stop thinking and get your resume out. The clock is ticking...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, nobody is in denial! This situation is not good and I agree that the resume needs to get out there asap.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was a rep for Pedinol and was let go (a high producing rep by the way). Valeant does not have a Podiatry division. They did not have a podiatry sales team. We were bought as their podiatry division. More than half of the employees were laid off and there will be even more cuts next year when numbers come in.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm laughing because this post is so true. But it is really sad that many people will be blindsided by this company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whaddya mean? I've had lots of memorable things happen in my life at 4 AM. Actually, only a few of them positive, now that I think of it. I got my ass kicked, got some ass, got arrested, ate Chinese food, threw up, etc. Not all in the same night, mind you. This is just a laundry list of stuff that usually goes down at 4 AM, and now, add this deal to the list. I wonder if they got takeout...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course all the sales reps are safe: "you turned this business around over the last 12 months"!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turn it around?????? When we have managers and upper management tying one hand behind our backs. They ran this company into the ground, why else are managers and reps quitting by the droves! They don't leave a strong company. This company is such a mess. And now Valient.....????? GET OUT NOW!