PANTYHOSE ARE BACK IN STYLE! HOORAY!

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Anon in the Baltimore,

I'm having a good chuckle over what you wrote. About 20 years ago, I had a boyfriend who loved my VS magazines. I use to think: well I guess its better than PB or hustler, etc. Now, I understand why. Amazing how much I spent at VS on a limited budget (at that time).

So, which lingerie dept. do you recommend? Actually, as funny as this topic is I like hearing the male perspective. My current BF, well I don't even bother with lingerie because well use your imagination.

I lOVE this thread!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

personally I like wearing pantyhose. They are not that expensive it you buy drugstore brands.

3. Some men just aren't into lingerie. And from my experience (mostly from asking girls actually), most men are scared to admit if something a little unusual turns them on anyway, so good luck trying to figure it out. The awesome part is that I think is that if you just say "hey, this turns me on..." most women are MORE than happy do accomodate whatever it is that keeps their bf/husband into them, as long as, like I said before, it's still about them and not some bizarre fetish/obsession.

Ok, check it out, here's the real deal if you want to kill some poor shmucks with your legs:

http://www.shapings.com

I ran into this site when I was getting some hose for my wife, it is AWESOME. Just check out the pantyhose section, you'll get it. I think picking out individual pairs on this thread would be too weird for me (I do have some shame around here somewhere...).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Anon in Baltimore -

I went to the website - LOVED it. The clearance rack had the "sheerest summer pantyhose with added insect repellent"! They only cost $7 - I'm going to order all of them. Including some other well pantyhose.

I'm sure my boyfriend will LOVE all my pantyhose + additional items.

I really appreciate the advice. My boyfriend will be in awe.

Thanks. If you are ever in the South, please visit us. We have Ocean front property.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the real issue is that American women have gotten lazy and don't "dress up" for men anymore. Hosiery on legs look fantastic to most guys but American women are simply lazy. It is different in Europe, Asia, and South America. Hosiery flourishes there and the majority of women either wear pantyhose or stockings. The women are much more sophisticated and dont think Sex and the City is an example of "class". Classy women wear them....others don't. It's that simple.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome! I think my earlier response to this was deleted or censored or something... I hope it wasn't censored, it really wasn't bad or anything... at any rate, I'm curious to hear how it goes, it makes me happy that you followed my suggestion. Got a throw-away email addy or something where I can email you?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classy women wear hosiery.....

Men appreciate them....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a very attractive young female rep wearing pantyhose last week! She looked very professional and could have certainly gotten away with the classless crap the majority of young females are wearing these days into offices. Obviously she "gets it"....look professional with hosiery on your legs and a nice business dress and you will be treated like a professional instead of a flip flop wearing bare legged bafoon. It was refreshing seeing such a classy young lady in an industry that is lacking classy ladies. I guarantee she has access where other Sarah Jessica's don't...think about it girls....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the "pantyhose challenge" recommended and I actually have to admit it does give one a more refined and polished look. I really like the professional look although my flip flops are always going to be part of my attire.

Off the subject, I want to get some guys opinions. Do men when they reach 55-60 yo mark go through some sort of "male menopause" and have a sudden desire to date 20 yo? I was at a ritzy party Saturday night and it was amazing how much younger these women were. All the guys were wealthy but I mean that type of age disparity I just couldn't fathom. It was sad when my date introduced me to a older gent and he introduced his date by the wrong name. Whoops! He didn't even seem to care. I think she left him shortly afterwards (good for her). What the heck do they have in common? I know the answer but doesn't that just get boring? Every single gent had a much younger lady present. It was amusing and so stereotypical. So, youthfulness wins out over maturity and women with a sense of purpose and security?

10. Ahh good question... when I get a half hour I'll really get into this, but the long and the short of it is like this: Guys that age have been married & divorced (maybe several times), had kids, and done the whole family thing, and are probably more than a little bitter about what their last wife did to them in divorce court, even though from their perspective they believe that all they ever did was provide a nice life for them (neither is really "right", it's the whole Venus and Mars thing I think).

I guess my point is that here I am, 41 years old and doing everything I can for my family. If my wife decided to leave me after 20 years (or turned into a miserable person that I wanted to leave), my next move would probably be to say "screw this whole setup" and do whatever it took to make ME happy, and no one else. And if I were the type that thought a 20-year would make me happy, that's where I would go... at that age, they're really nothing more than accessories (and costly ones at that), there's no real "love", but I don't think "love" means to men what it does to women. Not to say it's not important, it's just not the same.

The question I always find myself thinking is: Why (and HOW?) would an attractive 20-year old woman hook-up with an old dude like that? I already feel at my age (again, 41) like the only way a 20-year old woman would mess with me would be as the result of a cash transaction(!), I couldn't imagine being 50 or 60 and even trying that one, and I'm somewhat attractive (and secure).

Boggles the mind...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look at the sales industry as a whole -- older women are not appreciated or wanted.

And your statement should read "So, youthfulness and immaturity and stupidity wins out over maturity....."

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your reply - it makes a lot of sense. I met this guy I'm seeing awhile ago and then a few months ago my friend said he asked about me. I couldn't even remember what he looked like but my friend assured me he was a cool guy and I should go out with him. So, I thought why not? He is older than me but not by a significant amount. Although on our first date, he thought I was a lot younger.

We have a lot in common. It is so cute what a perfect gentleman he is with me. I don't think I've ever dated anyone like that. He open car doors and treats me like a princess. He is always making a point that I'm "different" - what does that mean? I think I make him nervous or something!?

I've always assumed that the reason younger women go out with significantly older men is b/c they want to snag a wealthy husband. They are naive and love the glamour and lifestyle. It is easy to get caught up in that surreal world. For the older gent, he gets a beautiful accessory (men are visual creatures - right anon?) and for the younger lady she gets to go places and do things that would be impossible at her age. Although the sad part is it is so fake that eventually it all just falls apart in the end.

13. LOL for all you know his last wife/girlfriend turned into a swamp-beast in front of his very eyes and made his life a living hell! I meet so many couples that I look at and think "LOVE? Do these two even LIKE each other?"

It seems like a lot of older men get really hung up on their virility the same way that a lot of woman get hung up on forever trying to look young. There's something about this culture (especially where the boomers are concerned I think) that we just can't let go of our youth... like growing older and not being hip is just not acceptable, no matter how old (60 is the new 20, right?!). And the people in marketing are having a freaking field day with it! Man, if I see one more commercial about an old guy that just wants to "get back in the game..."

And yes, men are visual creatures, hence the title of this ridiculous thread!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're 100% correct! Was taken to the cleaners by his ex-wife. Then he started dating a series of young psycho women! Some of those stories are pretty good. I laugh just thinking about what these women did. He actually considered marrying a few of these gold-diggers. He is somewhat non-confrontational which is not a good thing when women can be somewhat manipulative in that situation. Of course, all these women are "hot" and I think the blinders go up. One was so sneaky that she wanted to be married in less than a year and told him that on the second date. I think he was actually considering it. What?! I mean WOW! If someone was talking marriage on the second date - I would run far away. I told him if you get married again to get a prenup. but I think that goes against his trusting nature.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you consider "older"? I'm 44 and looking good. I don't date my docs, okay, once in 12 years,but I get asked out, flirted with, and hit on all the time-every day. Why? Not just because of my looks. Most younger reps can't get into it about the meds, their differences, the disease states, and the managed care at the doc's level. We old folks were encouraged to dig deep, read the journals, learn the pharmacology, etc. Knowledge is not just power, it's hot. I'll see ya when you're getting turned away or begging to get in as my old a s s walks in, ballin'.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm 28 and I wear them to work everyday. I am also an ex cheerleader. Is 28 old?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I enjoy wearing pantyhose considering they cover up my cottage cheese and spider veins.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Victoria Beckham deemed nude or suntan toned pantyhose a Glamour "don't " in this month's issue. I agree. Bare legs in appropriate weather, tights or as opaque as possible if it's cooler or cold, or pants. Take your pick.

19. RSG

RSG Guest

Fyom a guy's point of view, and please ladies don't take this personal because I'm not telling anyone what to do, but if I was in a room with women and everyone being equal, the women wearing pantyhose with their skirts or dresses would definitely get more attention from me over the women that chose not to wear them. To me it just looks lazy and tacky not to wear them. They are great with your outfits and are an attractive turn -on. If you are looking for attention, maybe some of you are not. Anyway, this post is not meant to be offensive, but if you want to know what most guys think, and we do talk about these topics from time to time, most guys prefer women who wear hose.

20. Missy Cloud

Missy Cloud Guest

Well now

I surfed into this cool site while searching for some nice clothes.
    The web never ceases to amaze me. This thread popped up, so I followed it.

I am a 6 foot tall red head and drive commercially. I spend weeks on end dressed in blue jeans, T shirts and hiker boots.
    Fine attire for driving a big rig, but not very feminine.
    I love being a girl and getting time to wear a lovely blouse a skirt, pantyhose and heels is a treat.

Try looking like the guys all the time and then getting to actually dress like a girl is a nice change.

Bare legs with anything other than very casual attire such as shorts or a sun dress is simply tacky.
    Dressed to the nines in a suit and not wearing hose is just tacky.
    Looks like you were in a hurry and forgot something.

Missy