Adult focused reps

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts on likelihood of being laid off vs. being phased into the regular sales force?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's anybody's guess. Some will stay, some will go. It is all based on need and profit, meaning that if they need you to make/ keep a territory profitable, you have a chance being retained. If not, you will be gone.
    The layoff process sucks. It will be based on who knows what. I have seen great performers be fired and idiots stay; logic will seem to have no bearing on anything.
    What will be done will be keeping the company out of lawsuits re: age, sex, religion, etc.
    Be wary, making it thrum the first round won' t mean security, because you can bet another round will come to "fine tune" the head count. We are in for an uncertain, frustrating, and scarey times for the next year and a half.....and maybe beyond.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of adult "focused" reps, it is critical that we all stay focused in this time of transition. The better our performance now may shed light on the importance of the sales force. Implementing the BTS POA with excellence will help secure our positions. Move forward!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Adult reps are in the same boat as every shire rep. As far as aBBVie is concerned its one head count. Everyone will shuffle around and realign. It's a numbers game not a position, title or territory game. If x region needs 8 reps only when combined with ABBVie and they have 10..2 will go. The criteria will most likely be decided by an outside company. If they need 8 and they have 8 no one will go. It's not rocket science people.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who told you this bullshit! Your manager? At this point, performance means nothing.
    If Abbie doesn't realize the value of the sales force by now then they are dumber than rocks.
    Remember, Abbie's are the Abbott rejects. Do you think for one minute they will keep you over one of them, you're living in a dream world.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, Move forward? It's a little hard to stay focused when no one tells us the truth about what is going on or what is going to happen! We are all running around like crazy! What an idiot!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the deal. I dodged a bullet during the last round and swore I would get my resume out there. Of course, I didn't and I knew this day would come. I am pissed at myself. I know this gravy train is going to stop one day and it may be very soon. And I know by speaking to many of you that you too feel the same way.

I try to stay focused each day because I am pulling a salary and decent bonus which, in my opinion, is way too much for what I do. And I actually DO go to work all day, every day and try to make a difference. I hate to admit it, but our jobs are hardly careers and overt the last several years, any monkey could do this. I am trying to accomplish goal with both hands tied behind my back.

Leadership is non-existent. No one ever wants to face the truth let alone act upon it. This business and other large business has become nothing more than a game of bullshit. Will we ever again produce anything of real value??? Or is decadence just a way of life.

And so many GOOD reps were displaced for no valid reason last time and so many spiffy, polo panted metrosexual "superstars" - aka BUMS - were retained. Suffice it to say that if I am severed, I can say that I did what I was being asked to do until the end. And I can live with that until the next gig comes around. And frankly, I hope in a weird way that I am turned loose so I can get on with something with purpose if it exists.

And save the nasty comments. There is really no need. Have some integrity!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I said the same darn thing to myself. I SWORE that making it through last time was my wake up call. Yet, almost 2 years later, here I am. Did I even attempt to work on my resume? Maybe for 1 hour, about 16 months ago. I know many colleagues feel this way. Hey, it was good while it lasted, right? Mostly, yes. While it is easy to blame upper management for missteps, the fact of the matter is that I am still here, and I have no one to blame but myself. I knew this was coming, yet I took no action to change things. Time to wake up.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You trusted your management and you believed in shire. I don't see anything wrong with that logic.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire was worth believing in and it was a great ride. Whats now left isn't shire, it's Flemming, Perry, et al's piggy bank. They did what they did, pumped up the value and now will be rich(er). Meanwhile we get that lack of empathy sales leader who pretends that she is in control and its "business as usual." Does she really believe that we believe that shit? Wake up sister, no one is listening to you. Go back to Kansas Dorothy, or better yet stay there. Isn't that where you relocated the sales dept to?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bring back DB. I would even take CES back over this leadership.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen. And while you are at it bring back those comfy white couches we had at the meetings before.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are so right...this isn't Shire

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bring back Casto! At least those guys cared about us! They would have at least had severence packages worked into this whole deal. These greedsters took care of the 30 and ran!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth. I just hope severance will be offered to volunteers first like it was last time. I won't make the mistake of not taking it this time around. 14 years with shire this is no longer the shire I love.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right? I couldn't even see the stage or the people on it. And could they have squeezed those chairs any closer together? Didn't even get a damn water bottle at checkin. Forced to stack up on the water bottles at breaks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, you sound pathetic.