shire sales reps to lose their jobs!!!

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give it 18 months max. Abbvie will be axing all Shire sales reps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure dude.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to AbbVie :))

I've been a rep, in this industry for 22 years...the past 8 years with Abbvie (formerly Abbott).

Abbvie is not Abbott. We have a nimble culture. AbbVie takes care of their people. Management treats their people with integrity and respect.

Cheers!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you! It's nice to hear something positive!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was actually just kidding. You loser shire reps will be sent packing right back to the rental car job you came from. Suck on it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are we loser Shire reps?? What's your problem? Way to represent your company....sad

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Welcome to ShAbbie, where you will learn to be nimble like a leprecaun.

Ricky be nimble,
    Ricky be quick
    Ricky jump over the candlestick.

Ricky jumped high
    Ricky jumped low
    Ricky jumped over the candlestick
    and burned his Co.

If ye be nimble and quick you will grab another job elsewhere before the ShAbbie Co. runs out of dough.

Top of the morning to ye.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ShAbbVie NOT ShAbbie!! Duh!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks 4 clarifying!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, sure. Go back to sucking your pipe. The first to go will be the overpaid old farts like you.
    Better get nimble as you will be dancing in the unemployment line very soon.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to the positive Abbvie commenter. The comments on this site, in general, are sad. Shire friends, don't let the "nay-sayers" get you down. This site is full of disgruntled people from every pharmaceutical company. If those who posted, who claim to be with Abbvie, were respectable, professional employees, they wouldn't be on here posting hateful comments. Solid Abbvie employees will reach out to you to congratulate you, welcome you, and tell you that everything is going to be okay. The Abbvie reps in my area have been nothing short of welcoming and supportive. Don't let a few jerks get you down. This is a difficult time as it is and shame on you for kicking people when they are going through challenging times. At Shire, we stay above the line. You never know who you'll be working with next and this industry is getting smaller by day. I'm sorry to the negative commenters that your lives are so miserable that you feel you need to project that on people you don't even know. I hope your projectile has made you feel better about your error in judgement. Your judgement day will come, but it wont be from us, thankfully.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, so Shabby. Lacking in ability to see the bigger picture, grasp innuendo or comprehend artistic license.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true PR rep. Unfortunately, I read the news. Microsoft is laying off 18,000. Welcome to America. Employees are now mere commodities to be bought and sold and it is likely you and many others at Shabbie will be given the boot. Corporate leaders forget quickly that any products and pipelines they buy were made by humans. They will dispense with them if they believe that, in the short term, they will make more money. Yes, nod your heads to the new masters, because that is what this master seems to like, and it will be better for your survival, but don't forget that to them, imho, you are merely chattel.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct! Abbie boys and girls are being told to keep their mouths shut and be welcoming. They have no clue what's to come but told to paint a happy face on their mugs and be positive.
    We are all chattel, the Abbie's are not all safe either.
    If you are needed, you'll be retained; if not you will be gone.
    If you have 4-5 yrs in, start looking for a job and wait for your severance. If you get a job, double dip until you get your severance.........and drive the hell out of the company car while you can.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time will tell but why fire all reps who have helped vyvanse achieve strong growth and have solid relationships and knowledge from before the investigation. Keep performing. Be the kind of person they want to keep

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbvie rep here...look, I wouldn't be too worried about losing your job. In the past, when I was with Abbott (Now Abbvie), they will cut their own first. Usually, the other company has some kind of built in clause which would prevent Abbvie from letting you go...at first anyways. What they may do is give you a large territory away from your home if...and that's a big IF...they wanted to let you go. I know this from experience.

Best of luck to all! Nobody knows what the future will hold for any of us...Abbvie or Shire! All we can do is take it one day at a time and let the cards fall where they may. Really, we have no control over it anyways. Having that said, keep your options open for other opportunities if the axe does happen to fall.

Until then...Welcome and Good Luck!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales force will be fine. The other departments will be murdered, although we have 7 product managers for Synthroid so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept all of your marketing department. Our sales teams don't really overlap and with the 10% tax savings I think Shire sales people will make out just fine. Don't count on getting our pension thouh, Solvay aqusition was left out of that one too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbVie Pension Plan

AbbVie pays the entire cost of this pension plan. Employees participate automatically as of their hire date or the date they reach age 21, whichever is later, and are completely vested after five years of service.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha Ha. Good luck with that thinking. It's great to be optimistic and take the high road, but that ain't the way it happens. Most of the cuts are based more on geography at first. How many reps/ sq. ft. After tose cuts, deadwood, the bottom 10-20% will be evaluated and dumped, or as another poster points out, you will be offered a territory in North Dakota or Alaska, take it or leave it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales is going to get slammed! Are you kidding me? The territories at Abbvie are crawling with reps who step all over each other. If Shires is at all similar., they are screwed too.
    The U.S sales model is drastically changing. The reps role is being minimized due to restricted access, ACA and insurance co calling all the shots on what a doc can write.

A major merger like this will bring all that into the forefront. Those reps left standing will have huge territories and be far and few between.
    Bottom line, a lot of reps will be cut esp on products that are several months post launch, even Humira. Reps are considered nothing but parasites in most medical circles who suck free time and repeat the same old shit. THey offer no more perks and record your name on a public website when you eat a $4 sandwich.