Rehire and Service Years

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left Pfizer about 9 months ago and am in the process of being rehired. Will my former years of service (~10 yrs) be included in my total years of service in respect to vacation time, pension, etc or will I have to start over with 15 days vacation per year?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are an idiot for leaving in the first place if you are already looking to come back. ask the person hiring you and don't seek advise on Cafepharma.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pension.....doubt it.
    Vacation......maybe.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What fool would re-hire you after you left? That's the big question.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will continue to add to your years for the pension, and I would think you will continue with however many weeks of vacation you had when you left. That should have been only 3 weeks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hired (or rehired) after Jan 1 2011 is eligible for enhanced 401K - no pension for anyone who came in after 2010. New pension contributions go away for everyone after Jan 1 2018 and all employees put into enhanced 401K. So whatever pension you are eligible for prior to leaving 9 months ago will remain until you are eligible to draw it, but no new service years will be added. Maybe your previous service can be used to calculate the enhance pension plan (a combo of age + service determines the percent that will contributed to your account). If you were here 9 months ago, you would have received the email that outlines these changes.