Sales Force re-org?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am getting very nervous about potential field layoffs. I figured we were safe through this year but now I have my doubts with the Cbx news. We obviously won't hear it from the powers above until it happens so, once again, coming to trusty CP. Sad, but true.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I still don't think we'll see any changes in '14. I could be wrong but my opinion is we are fine this year….atleast I hope we are!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the temporary injunction is not granted while waiting for the appeal, then I'd start worrying.

We still have a $2billion drug, Lyrica, and the grossly overpriced flector patch in our bags. If Pfizer can't afford what we have now staffed in cluster 1 with that kind of income, then they don't deserve to be a drug company.

If some bean counter, tea leaves reading, egg head consultant convinces the ELT that the same profits can be made with less of us, then many are screwed. However, cluster 1 is carrying much of the water(revenue) in pfizer's bucket now, so hopefully the ELT does something right and lets us stay employed.

Who knows, they may dump xeljanz on us early and watch it take off like a rocket. But, that makes too much sense. Since I'm not a sleazy consultant, they would never listen to me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keeping us has nothing to do with "what's right" when it comes to business.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, when a drug goes generic people don't get downsized out anymore?

How nice of them, especially with a pipeline that's dryer than a bone in the middle of the mojave desert and nothing new coming to sell

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, you are not getting Xeljanz. The drug is being covered with just the right amount of reps..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With 3 billion less revenue from Celebrex I can guarantee there will be layoffs. There's also a lot of speculation that the spilt of the corporation into 3 parts will be announced this summer........

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No...you're getting a CSO sales force later this year. It will be former Pfizer reps. They will out- sell those of you who remain with Pfizer. Don't think you're still around be cause you're the best-of-the-best. You just happen to have the right salary and/or demographic fit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The right Fit" That's a classic line and those re-org meetings are def goin on as we speak.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

proof?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 PFE sales force in PC will have Lyrica and Eliquis. The rest of PC's portfolio will be contract reps

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only safe division at pfizer is oncology. If you aren't here I would highly suggest you have an updated resume. We are the only ones safe, sorry.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard this also. Agreement with BMS stipulates that we have to have a salesforce with Eliquis. Might as well give them Lyrica and let the rest go.

Anyone who says anything different is a shill for the company line and not to be trusted

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right! So bend over and get ready for the screwing thats about to come to many.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Celebrex news is the last straw. There is a reason that ZS Associates are billing crazy hours with us right now. There is plenty of evidence that a contract force, while being MUCH less expensive, brings in close to the same revenue as a full time crew. Look around at our competition. They've been doing this for 4-6 years now. Where do you think ex-Pfizer people GO, for the past half-decade? One of two or three Pharma contract houses.

Really, we get less than a minute to give our RC's approved detail to the same people, over and over again. Many of us don't put in anything close 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. You think Ian or Cal don't know that?