My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I view these ramblings for one reason / timing my sale of stock options. One of the many things that are not available to the current lazy masses within Merck. It is Friday, the chubby are getting hungry. Please have lunch there on time!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15 needs to be the new CEO.!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a way, he already is. He's leading most of the sales force...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's always been my experience that the vast majority of these reps have always worked less than part time, all the time, primarily because they don't know how to do anything else.
    How is this new? Were they too stupid to figure out that this is the normal MO anyway always?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are unable to even time your meds properly, how do you expect to time the stock options?? You are on this thread for one reason, true, but it ain't for stock options. This is your only source of human interaction, as you continue to plunge into a dark pit of no friends, no life, and no hope. Your only outlet is obsessing over those who live and play and enjoy their lives, irregardless of Merck....while you shrivel up in hate and bitterness. Your life begins and ends here, clinging to 15ers every word, replying to their posts. And then agreeing with yourself in the next post. And then agreeing with yourself once more, as you carry a lonely conversation in your descent into insanity.

Wow, does it SUCK being you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amateur psychoanalysis. Thank-you Dr. Phil. And part mind reader too.
    Your rant is as filled with as much vitriol and bitterness as your antagonist. You too should adjust your meds., seek another venue for your obvious angers and frustrations and seek therapy for your stress.
    Be well indeed. Sicko.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You summed up the lone psycho hater perfectly. Have a great weekend.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Described the scum sucker perfectly!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well now we've sorted out the " lone psycho hater" and the " scum sucker."
    Glad we got everyone's identities straight. Who says Merck reps don't have people skills?
    Both need to reach down deep within themselves and pull out a life. Or get therapy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On this board, he is. He also has to be amazed at some of the responses he is getting to his philosophy. The majority on here seem to agree with his assessment of Merck and how to live life moving forward regardless of what a few bitter cynics who have no control over free will have to say. Until Merck executives stop waging a callous war against its own sales force, more reps will follow the 15 by 15. Constantly taking away jobs and compensation/incentive from employees who had been loyal to a company for at least over a decade does not encourage loyalty, just survival by any means.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really would not fret, you will not see the month of June with Merck. You will be ranked and moved out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A " philosophy" of victimology. A soft work ethic threatened. A total ignorance of current market forces. Laziness not loyalty. A wake up call un- heeded. Pathetically hanging on to a sales model from the era of patent medicine sales and as relevant as the fuller brush man. Soon to be replaced by CSO's with a career in the dustbin. Then were will you peddle your sad 15 lifestyle?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone in this field for the last ~10 years has been on borrowed time. The model is changing much the way it has in call centers, research and IT before it. Outsourcing - where you get the 'opportunity' to stay in your job for a fraction of the pay and benefits so the shareholders get maximum return on their investment.

Don't fault people for lapping up easy money for as long as Merck was cutting the checks. Whether you worked hard or not at all, the same money rolled in. Most who didn't work much parlayed the opportunity to prepare for the day the checks would be halved by a CSO or stop altogether. The fools are those who didn't realize how much or hard you worked for Merck didn't really matter.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So help me understand. I am a former Merck rep ( Exec.) laid off in '08. You think YOU have it tough WITH a job? Try NOT having one at the heights of the recession, unemployment 10% and NO jobs in pharma. I was there 10 years with 10 years prior exp. but I digress.
    So, depending on your band you are making what? 80-90 grand base, 25-30 annual bonus,car, computer, insurance, 401k, AND pension. 3-4 weeks vacation. Your workday begins around 9 or 10, ends around 3-4pm, during which you drop in on doctors with a Merck card ( they know Merck, they know your products, let's be honest, there's not much " selling" involved) for a 2-3 minute interaction that's mostly social ( again, let's be honest), get a signature for samples ( which is always your primary goal, it gives you validity) repeat a marketing message. Wash, rinse, repeat, 5-6 times a day, lie about another 5-6 so your "metrics" look good. You drive a nice car, Merck pays your gas, you were nice clothes to work everyday. Your hours are your own. At the end of the day or during it you spend a couple yours reading mostly meaningless e-mails or doing useless spreadsheets. Useless, yes, labor intensive, No.
    Additionally you do a couple of free ( to you and your customers ) lunches a week and a few ( a year) dinners at 4star restaurants were you bring in a speaker. A couple times a year you are ask to go to a sales meeting in a nice location with catered food and free booze and occasionally the company throws in some free golf or other entertainment. That about cover it?
    What are your grievances exactly? As near as I can tell from a thread that has gone on and on and on, ad nauseam, you want to work LESS, not more from your already cushy schedule, you feel management has been " mean" you've seen co-workers ( why not you?) get PIP's, that may or may not be deserved ( you don't know, not really) and have seen increased layoffs, throughout the industry, from the gravy train and you feel,threatened. Although you have done little in actually doing something it, because, well that would take some effort, additional training ( even more if you go outside the industry) and your just not sure things would be any easier anywhere else but Merck no matter how much you complain. I don't get it.
    I think your lot have ALWAYS been skaters and goldbrickers, hiding your inadequacy in " super clusters" Merck is putting more scrutiny on its sales force due to declining market shares and shrinking product portfolios ( 10 blockbusters to, maybe 1) asking more of its salesforce, and you don't like it. You don't like working harder, or putting in more time ( up from 10-2?), you feel threatened because deep down you know your " skills" ( just getting sigs. Doesn't quite cut it anymore) are suspect, decreased bodies means less places to hide, smaller number of " sample dropping" blockbusters means more pressure on the numbers for the products you do have and you don't like THAT either.
    So you retreat into a " 15" ( whatever the hell that means) lifestyle, kidding yourself ( on this board) that there are many others ( in reality it's just the same people posting the same thing over and over again here) doing the same thing, when in reality you have always only slightly worked but now do to market circumstances you are more exposed.
    To quote a previous poster " Wow, it really sucks being you." Good luck with your " plan" such as it is.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sick,lonely,troll on this thread was outed on other boards, and jumps to a new one to escape Troll Hunters like me I'll let him play on here with you Merck Morons

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you two Steers get a ROOM

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you lost your job but move on and stop hating what other people decide to do with their lives. Stay in your lane and stop rubber necking.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever! All your predictions have been wrong. Go on living your more miserable life. I know hour parents regret making you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man did you hit it right on the sweet spot. These assholes are the cream of the crop, lazy dirt bag scumbags!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep responding to your own posts loser, it's comical.