Life at Novartis.. good or bad?

Discussion in 'Novartis Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a posting for a position in my neck of the woods. I currently work for another big name in AH... my current company has its moments. Just curious what life is like at Novartis? Do you feel the constant pressure and deal with the crappy marketing like my company does? Do you guys pay significantly better? I do okay. Just want to keep my options open. Any feedback is appreciated, even the typical cafepharma type of responses.. there is a grain of truth in most of them.

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Life is good. Sales Management has gotten better, marketing sucks, but every company seems to hate marketing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A real response. Thank you so much! Not to push my luck, but do you have an idea of starting base? I only saw one entry on glassdoor. I really am trying to do my homework, I don't want to be known as a "company hopper"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

200k base. Uncapped commission company car and plane and free "ladies of the nights". Best company ever.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot old shitty products to sell!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

such an original response. your mother would be proud.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on experience, level you're hired at, etc. I would estimate average starting base probably $50-75k, incentive package averages $20k, also have the car/fuel, phone, laptop. No real increase for cost of living if you're hired into a big city, unfortunately.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Similar to my current gig. Thanks for the reply. Hows the pressure and overall morale? I.e. requirements? How closely are you watched? (Gps etc). Are paperwork and compliance real hindrances?

Thanks again for the info. Big decision to make this kind of move and its obviously a small enough industry that you should do your due diligence.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest feedback for you -

If you are asking these questions you do not want to work hard and have a career

Go elsewhere

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man- we are selling so much sentinel it's crazy! Life is good!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! We are kicking Elanco's ass!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess our def of "kicking ass" are different. You have to be winning at something to use that expression. Novartis is known for being low class. Elanco is the place to be, period.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are funny! Elanco was the place to be. That shipped has sailed. Novartis is king again!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on?
    Growth...nope, Market Share...nope, Sales...nope, Innovation/New Products...nope

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

based on the fact that I am making a ton of money and Trifexis is getting returned left and right!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that Q3 results are in are you still drinking the Novartis>Elanco kool aid??

Get your resume ready!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YEP! COULDN'T BE HAPPIER

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder when we will be sold?