IS leadership eliminated

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What should they do?

The purpose of a KAM is to open doors at big accounts at high levels. This takes time and relentless relationship building (which is complicated when you don't have a story to tell). How do you measure success? The problem is there are so many variables it's tough to say. Someone should do a multiple regression analysis on variables associated with success. I bet the ones that predict success are all reimbursement and access related.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell are you talking about? !!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

multiple regression is a statistical approach that looks at several variables and quantifies how much each variable contributes to an effect. Theoretically you could quantify what makes a difference in sales: efficacy, safety, tolerability, rep skills, access, etc (assuming you could define all the variables and measure them accurately.)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love that stuff.
    As for access and reimbursement being foundational drivers, it's not as simple as it sounds. Reimbursements to the hospital differ greatly depending on the patient type and diagnosis. Access is a big driver. Both access of the rep to the doctors, etc inside the institution and access to the product by the doctors etc. And you need a rep to get a product on formulary so the docs have access to use it.

A lot of what IS does is create priorities for hospitals and get people who work in the same system to talk to each other, to take action and make good choices for patients. Outsiders believe hospitals always make good decisions for patients. - Nope.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great stuff. Who are the main drivers of formulary decisions these days? All I hear is that decision making is being driven up the food chain to IDN decision makers a half a state a way and the field rep in an average hospital has increasingly less access to key decision makers.